• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

#6447 Italeri M47 Patton

Tankbuilder

I've been working on the 1/35 scale Italeri M47 Patton tank model and since it comes with an engine compartment tub and partial engine I decided to open all t he louvres on the engine deck. What a mind numbingly tedious job that is. I've also added exhaust and cooling pipes to t he engine and have painted most of it.

If it's a gasoline engine then I'll have to add t he carburetors and air intake pipes to the engine.
IMG_6198.JPG
IMG_6199.JPG
IMG_6200.JPG
IMG_6201.JPG
IMG_6214.JPG
IMG_6217.JPG
IMG_6218.JPG
IMG_6228.JPG

I also used Tamiya Extra Thin liquid cement and a very stiff bristle Paint brush to add cast texture to the hull and the engine grates.

I've been enjoying the build a lot so far just with all this opening of the louvres and engine compartment detailing.

Upper hull with added cast texture.
IMG_6224.JPG

Turret with added cast texture.
IMG_6226.JPG

Cheers

Thanks. I just finished opening up the rearmost triangular shaped engine deck grates. That went a lot easier than the others did. Experience makes it easier I guess.

IMG_6231.JPG
IMG_6232.JPG

I really like the way those turned out and am glad now that I opened those louvres as I was going to leave them closed as I didn't think much would be seen under them.

This is a really fun build.

To think that I paid only $5.00 CDN about 25 years ago for the kit at a hobby show. I'm sure getting my moneys worth from it.

Cheers

excellent job on opening up the grates!! It really adds a whole new level to the build.
:good:

@Tankbuilder, I feel your pain but it is worth it! I took the M47 engine plus to convert a Hobby Boss M26 to the M46:

Now, I have the right belly details...
M46Conversion.JPG

The engine did receive some styrene details:
M46M47Engine.JPG

The opened louvres!
M46M47EngineDeck.JPG

Regards,

Back