• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Gloster

The effort will be worth it. Way to repurpose ol' Betty. (y)

I was not picking on Betty . That was just the first thing to show up in the trash bin . :woohoo:

More grinding latter :laugh: Now, you understand why I'm looking forward to the DO 17

Cheers, Christian B)

"Sand , fill, sand , paint , cuss , repeat."
:rotf
I KNOW that Dance!
The tenaciousness of a Master at play! :good:

Could just be hardheadedness Chris :rotf But thanks for the vote of confidence . ( If only ) :good:

On the other hand it could be dedication to having a particular item in the collection other than the usual Tamiya kit or another snap tite SNAFU build . :rotf :rotf :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

looking good Christian!

If only some of the mainstream guys would quit producing mustangs, spitfires and 109's, maybe we'd get some more quality kits of the more unusual aircraft!

looking good Christian!

If only some of the mainstream guys would quit producing mustangs, spitfires and 109's, maybe we'd get some more quality kits of the more unusual aircraft!

Wouldn't that be great Warren ! Although if everybody keeps building the mainstream , there is no incentive for change :rotf

That's one of my big draw to your builds . You always add a certain je ne c'est quoi and that keeps the builds fresh.

Tired of cookie cutters . :facepalm

Cheers, C. B)

I'm not calling this an update . The wing is finally done and the fuselage fits pretty well.

Unfortunately it'll be Friday afternoon at best before iI can work on it again.

h48a804d.JPG

Anyhow, it needs a weight and balance and th cockpit next......See you soon.

Cheer, Christian B)

Well, I'm back after a long nap... I got the three pice IP board ready to be mounted

h877e3bf.jpg

The cockpit sidewalls will be modified from the Pavla cockpit that goes in the ciberhobby Meteor . I consider that to be better than the PE kit for this model...Of course I have had to heat the resin to help them conform to the curvature of the cockpit and also lay the drum sander to the backs to thin the pieces out.

h4c01a5e.jpg

hb9c4b50.jpg

Tomorrow, I'll try to get everything to a happy place then paint it.

Cheers, Christian B)

This is a great thread Christian! The history and background you provide in the first post is truly fascinating. All the info provided throughout this build really adds context and interest. Just awesome! :v

Thanks Erick . Just reminiscing through some old memories that have been pretty been forgotten by most of the world . :drinks

Now days it's all pretty much push button and computerized aircraft capable of flying themselves . Glad I got to experience some of the earlier generations.

Cheers, Christian B)

Dear Chris.

Good job , my friend, the IP looks great!

Best!

Luiz.

Thank you my friend . The fit is still going to be tricky but it fits and looks better then the Pavla cockpit version.

Might have to get another set and build the Cyber Hobby Meteor in the future . Good looking kit :good:

Cheers, C.

Back