• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix 1/48 Seafire

paddy

This is really good new, one of the best Spitfire models ever IMHO re-released after 10+ years
screenshot2520at%252010.jpg

I admit i never built the Seafire but its from the same mould as the Spitfire Mk24 which i did build ( and added an Aires engine)

Spit Mk24 11.jpg

Last edited:
I will give you a clue Greg

screenshot2520at%252010.jpg

You cant do that with a Spitfire

Its not really a different aircraft as such , its just a Carrier version of the Spitfire. Usually this just means tie down hooks, folding wings, probably a strengthened undercarriage and often anti corrosion finishing, paints and metal plating to resist sea spray/salt water.

Note the bulges on the top cowling to take the bigger Griffin engine rocker boxes and note in my model F24 that huge engine mount again for the Rolls Royce Griffin engine
Introduced into service in late 1945, the F Mk 24 differed greatly from the Spitfire Mk I, was twice as heavy, more than twice as powerful and showed an increase in climb rate of 80 per cent over early Spitfires. These remarkable increases in performance arose chiefly from the introduction of the Rolls-Royce Griffon engine in place of the famous Merlin of earlier variants. Rated at 2,050 hp

Last edited:
I will give you a clue Greg

View attachment 160885

You cant do that with a Spitfire

Its not really a different aircraft as such , its just a Carrier version of the Spitfire. Usually this just means tie down hooks, folding wings, probably a strengthened undercarriage and often anti corrosion finishing, paints and metal plating to resist sea spray/salt water.

Note the bulges on the top cowling to take the bigger Griffin engine rocker boxes and note in my model F24 that huge engine mount again for the Rolls Royce Griffin engine
Introduced into service in late 1945, the F Mk 24 differed greatly from the Spitfire Mk I, was twice as heavy, more than twice as powerful and showed an increase in climb rate of 80 per cent over early Spitfires. These remarkable increases in performance arose chiefly from the introduction of the Rolls-Royce Griffon engine in place of the famous Merlin of earlier variants. Rated at 2,050 hp
Yep, those are all good reasons!

Back