• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Thanks Bob. Actually, someone threw it away, thinking it was un-repairable. My wife found it so I hope she does appreciate it when I'm done. It is a fun and interesting diversion too.

Thanks for the great comment.

Mark I looked at this the other day thought I posted something ... Oh Well ... nice boats & planes especially the Dumpster find ... :woohoo: (y) :captain :pilot

Me I've been busy putting sound chips in Locomotives & getting ready for Jefferson, Train Days where once again the TexasoutlawsOn30 group will take their Traveling road show down for display ...

Now my latest Choo Choo ... will be a demo of Soundtraxx's new Econami decoder ... I'm now an official Dealer for them ...

h76ebabb.JPG

hc0459b6.JPG

The speaker needs mounting in hear next ... 23mm Mega Bass

hf4ddfb7.JPG

The details ....

hea410b3.JPG

The chip is in ... and loco tested for power it's Alive !! Runs back & forth on track

h0e4c8d2.JPG

Now I have to get My new LED's inside the ditch light thingy here ...

h79b9f4a.JPG

hf5e4a42.JPG

That is all ditch light housing drilled with a #55 bit that's small .... light & speaker next then I'll do a video on my You tube channel ....

Cheers Ya'll keep modeling !!!

Looking good Gerry. Way to go on that small stuff. And people say my small scale stuff is hard!

I may have something to post later today or tomorrow.

Well, as promised, I have a good amount of progress to post today. I was able to get more done this past week than I thought. I also decided to sit and get a final count of all the models I've completed to date. More on that later....

First I want to show the progress I made in the shipyards. The last time I posted, I showed all the detail parts applied to the USS New York, making her ready for decals. This week, I was able to get the rest of the US ships closer to the decal stage. This first one is the USS Ingraham, all finished with assembly:

WIP_USS_Ingraham_VII.jpg

Next up you'll see the photo etch I added to the USS Forrest Sherman, That was a bit of a challenge! I cemented everything in place with Gator's Grip Glue. I still have a number of detail bits to add to this:

WIP_USS_Forrest_Sherman_IX.jpg

Finally, here's some progress I finally made on the USS Arthur Radford. I cemented in the AEMSS mast and assembled all the stacks and other boxes on the top of the superstructure. I then added some of the fiddly bits that the superstructure is supposed to have:

WIP_USS_Arthur_Radford_IV.jpg

I then completed the two masts that this ship would normally use. Because of the AEMSS mast, I will only be using the one on the right:

WIP_USS_Arthur_Radford_V.jpg

Here's a shot of the whole destroyer all dry-fit together after I added some of the deck fixtures to the ship's hull:

WIP_USS_Arthur_Radford_VI.jpg

And just for fun, this is a shot of my Task Force New York, showing all the US Navy ships I have in progress now:

WIP_TF_New_York_I.jpg

Now that's all the progress from my shipyards. Let's check out the armor factory now....

Remember this?

WIP_Canadian_Truck_I.jpg

Well, I finally found this bugger after almost a year of not working on it so it was time to get this done. I started out adding the windshield and then painted the interior:

WIP_Canadian_Truck_II.jpg

After that, I painted the chassis:

WIP_Canadian_Truck_III.jpg

Here is a shot of the whole thing dry-fit together. I should be able to airbrush this pretty soon:

WIP_Canadian_Truck_IV.jpg

Moving on, I also added the windshield and windows to the Russian Fire Truck. I had to cut out pieces of clear acetate to place them in there:

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_X.jpg

While that was drying, I painted up the dashboard that you won't see when this is installed in the cab:

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_XII.jpg

Finally, here is the fire truck after I dry-fit the cab and added the headlights and a few other bits to it. This one is nearly finished:

WIP_OthersLiveCampaign_XI.jpg

This will be number 683 when it is done.

Moving on, I also got going on a couple models that I've been neglecting for too long. It's time to move these along.

The first one is the Mitraellieurwagen. I had 30 of these tiny little handholds to glue to one side of the lifting cradle:

WIP_OTS2016_XV.jpg

Here they are all installed on the side of this thing:

WIP_OTS2016_XVI.jpg

Later I added the rest of the final parts to this so I can get the painting completed. Here it is all ready for paint:

WIP_OTS2016_XVII.jpg

WIP_OTS2016_XVIII.jpg

Just for fun, I pulled down my completed V-2 Rocket to see how it looks on this trailer:

WIP_OTS2016_XIX.jpg

That's pretty cool, if I do say so myself!

With that part done, I assembled all the final parts on the SS-100 Gigant; all except for the wheels. I now need to finish spraying paint on this now too:

WIP_OTS2016_XX.jpg

Here's my last shot; a pic of the two together sans rocket, just for fun:

WIP_OTS2016_XXI.jpg

After all this, I later found another truck I'd started but apparently never posted pics of it before. At least if I did, I cannot find any on my PC that I may have uploaded. This is a modern Japanese GSDF fuel truck. I had already completed the chassis before, as well as the main tank. This time, I completed the cab, all except for the clear parts. I plan on adding them after everything is painted:

WIP_Japanese_Fuel_Truck_II.jpg

Next I completed the rest of the tank and support structure on the back of the truck:

WIP_Japanese_Fuel_Truck_I.jpg

Here's a shot of the whole truck dry-fit together and ready for paint:

WIP_Japanese_Fuel_Truck_III.jpg

With all these trucks in progress; it was time to pull out and start a tank. I decided to go beefy with the 1/72 scale Modelcollect Russian T-64BV tank. I started with the turret as per the instructions, getting most of it done. I still have the sides of the turret to do:

WIP_T_64_BV_Tank_I.jpg

After that it was a simple matter to assemble the lower and upper hull. What wasn't simple was adding the suspension and wheels to this model. For the life of me, I could not get them properly lined up! I can only hope they look good enough later on:

WIP_T_64_BV_Tank_II.jpg

Later I wanted to put on the fenders, but they can't go on yet. I'll have to paint the whole thing first and then add the tracks to this before I can install the fenders:

WIP_T_64_BV_Tank_III.jpg

Here is a shot of the whole tank almost ready for paint. A few more detail parts and I'll be able to start flinging some color on this:

WIP_T_64_BV_Tank_IV.jpg

That's all I have for now. Hopefully next week I can get a few of these completed. I apologize for the long update, I hope I didn't bore any of you too much. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome!

Thanks guys! It felt great to get this progress done.

Gerry, I had a bit this past week. I tried to sit down whenever I had some time, but I was hoping for more. We'll see how next week turns out.

Yep, give that guy a cookie :good:

Just taking my time and building-up the sub assemblies before starting a thread over on Wesendorf Field. Great thing about the breakdown of the kit is how much major construction you can do, before doing the 'fun stuff' in the cockpit.

So far... I absolutely love this thing (y)

Ian.

No cookie, broccoli maybe...:rotf

You're lying through your teeth, aren't you, Boss :smack

Just an idea, and may as well post it here as a lot of folks read this thread: Instead of a 'traditional' Wesendorf Field build, would a review'n build thread be something that MA'ers may be interested in ??, y'know give my impressions of the kit as I build it, not as any sort of expert - I'm definitely NOT that - just from the perspective of an average/ordinary modeller, who just happens to like the subject.

Over to you folks.

Ian.

No cookie, broccoli maybe...:rotf

You're lying through your teeth, aren't you, Boss :smack

Not at all my friend, it's called Will Power. Down 6 lbs as of today. :mpup

Just an idea, and may as well post it here as a lot of folks read this thread: Instead of a 'traditional' Wesendorf Field build, would a review'n build thread be something that MA'ers may be interested in ??, y'know give my impressions of the kit as I build it, not as any sort of expert - I'm definitely NOT that - just from the perspective of an average/ordinary modeller, who just happens to like the subject.

Over to you folks.

Ian.

Hell yeah, been a long time since we had a full on build review. :popcorn

Back