• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

No weathering yet

Dont like the PE seat harness in this kit. even Special hobby have moved over to cloth on their tempest !! /also think i will have a go at remaking the map case (not shown above) as its pretty uninspiring :)

Wow! What's the scale on that? The detail is amazing!!!

Thanks for you interest and kind words.
the cockpit is pretty much OTB, i changed the map case for a rucksack as my guy like to take a thermos and sandwiches with him :) I have used airscale decals to improve detail, other than that its the usual Tamiya excellent parts. I have ordered a set of cloth seat belts because the Tamiya metal ones are pretty poor. Scaled up to 1/32 they would equate to 1/4" steel plate :eek:hmy:
Anyway this is as far as i can go with the pit for the moment.I have added some subtle weathering.

Cheers

Yeah what he said !!!

Me this little phones is hard to work with ... So is a O-Scale (1/48) guy ...

h6ad63b9_2017-01-10.jpg

Started changing his persona ...

hd7c2a99.jpg

hec87fe8.jpg

My swamp will never be the same ... :woohoo: still working on him ...

Managed to get hold of some cloth seatbelts, they look so much better than the kit PE ones. These fabric ones were by Eduard. Mixed up some various watercolors, mostly browns to give them a well used look.

That has enabled me to fit the seat and bulkhead

Not much else to report this week. Bit of snow..

(y)

Wow !!! Paddy ! Excellent job great belts ...

Me I've been working on this water tower for a bit now ... Only thing missing is the weight that moves up & down to indicate amount of water in tank ...

The chains on the spout and the weights have been a bear

hee13a6e.jpg

On the weight that rides here inside the numbers ... I thing I need to add a pulley for the chain over top of wall ...

h9023127.jpg

Now for the last photo the Donald has his chain added now I need a plug fashioned for the other end ...

hd65f645.jpg

Very nice, i like the way you have given the feeling of weight to the structure with those big pegs in the main joints. :dude

Some fantastic work on benches guys.

I stuck a rejected Karl head on that old dog of a Tamiya tanker kit. It's not bad for $12 but needs some love to bring out the depth.

I don't know what Tamiya was thinking with that nose...

h8fc5142.jpg

h6ed7879.jpg

hc91a8d0.jpg

Looks very good to me Jeff ... Awesome job !!!

Thanks for the comments on the water tank ... My customer loved it soon much when he looked at it ... He put it in the carrying box and locked it up for the train show this weekend ... Now for my projects I'm putting Tsunami 2's in two of my locos I want to have more motive power this year ... We will have thirty modules tied together to make a narrow gauge pike. One loco is a gas-mechanical side rod switcher & the other is a 2-8-0 outside frame mainline loco ... It looks badass with the counter balance weights outside the drivers ...

Back