• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bell YP-59 Airacomet 1/48 Hobby Craft - finished

That came out great, what color did you use for the OD?
Thanks a lot! As greens I used LifeColor UA132 and Vallejo Model Color 891 but with this method the OD in the end comes from all levels of paint. it started with a Createx neutral mid grey base then misted with a Vallejy dark grey for the panel lines and in between. On to that then a mid grey is misted; then the LifeColor Green and then the Vallejo green both misted/mottled, then clear coats. In the end then a panel line wash together with a grey filter and some very fine shadings with a super thin sandtone and an almost white grey and a flat clear - al pure acrylics mostly LifeColor, Revell and Vallejo and some own mixtures

This is when all three grey preshades are applied
Making-Of-210701-2154-20210701-215408-002.jpg

and this after both greens were on
Making-Of-210703-2103-20210703-210352-003.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely love that defused look, there's a photo of an OD P61 in flight and you see the same dirty OD pattern. I tried the same thing with a NMF once but didn't turn out like I wanted.

All you need now is the storied Bell Aircraft test pilot in his Derby hat!

Back