• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Blackburn Skua

Thanks guys . I always seem to be in the recovery mode anymore :frantic

It just struck me this weekend . I think the term limited run kits is a misnomer.

Limited quality would be way more accurate :rotf

Cheers Christian B)

Roger that!! The Classic Airframes 1.48 Mig-3 was a real piece o' work... :frantic :fencing

Well, the third top color is drying :)

Skua_top_coats_001a.jpg

Only two more colors and some clear coats :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi guys :) It has already been cleaned up and a clear coat applied to the top surfaces .

It's in the cabinet drying away from the dust .

Should be able to post a picture or two latter.

Cheers, Christian B)

Nothing fancy but here it is . Tried shooting some Tamiya X-22 clear instead of Future and I cannot see any advantage at this point.

At least I have a go to product should I run out of Future.

Skua_clear_cioat_001a.jpg

Skua_clear_cioat_002a.jpg

Ok, I'm off to paint the bottom now .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Bob Luiz and Edd for following along .

Now, the bizarre lower cammo and a clear coat.

Skua_lower_paint_001a.jpg

Should be ready for decals tonight :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Wow , can't believe that all the decals are already on :woohoo:

Although the kit had some short comings , the decals are really top notch .

skua_decals_001b.jpg

skua_decals_002a.jpg

They readily come off the paper when wet and ( don't slow down on this step ) juts hug down on the paint in a matter of seconds.

Great product (y) . Cheers, Christian B)

Wow, so much progress over a short space of time. Looks very good indeed, Christian. I believe the black & white wings were supposed to be an 'instant recognition' device in the first year or so of the war. AA gunners had little or no idea what was 'ours' or 'theirs' so an extremely simple and fast solution was needed...

Could be wrong, but I seem to recall reading this many years back.

Ian.

Thanks guys . the last few days have been a pleasure . Nothing to do but build and for some reason the moon and the planets have all lined up for once .

I feel sure the anvil is due to fall from the sky any moment now.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back