• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

Fantastic! Progress shots are always interesting to see. We talk about layers of paint on our models and we see the effect of layering here with this artwork. Thanks for sharing this Ian! :notworthy

After having seen your work upclose and personal, being the prowd owner of one of your masterpieces and meeting you in person, I can say that, on top of your amazing talent as an artist, you really are a great bloke. I have really enjoyed meeting you in Canberra mate, looking forward to a catch up.

Laurence
:Hiay Hey Laurence, it was great to meet up at the show and spend some time talking models and stuff.
Thanks for stopping by the stall and I appreciate your support for my art work. I enjoyed our 'eyeball time on the competition entries and was really impressed with your enthusiasm for the Hobby. I was also fascinated with your personal journey to Australia and how your life has unfolded up to this point...lets keep in touch.
[I had a good week down the coast after the Canberra show and had a wonderful time on the beach as well as the bike. I had the best week of weather their that they had had in months].
Thanks again mate.
Ian.

Fantastic! Progress shots are always interesting to see. We talk about layers of paint on our models and we see the effect of layering here with this artwork. Thanks for sharing this Ian! :notworthy
Thanks MP, yeah the process for me is exactly the same so I like to think that it may help in some way.

Ian.

Well the current project was finished a couple of weeks back and is now with the print people for scanning of the canvas. Once that is done I will do some further work digitally to finish it off and possible produce a limited edition version.
I ended up going with the stormy look......
20161102_180940small.jpg

.....and another shot showing how it was a few months back in between other projects (I know I always do this but even as the artist I enjoy seeing the progression as the journey is forgotten by the end).
1_new_project.JPG

Anyway on to the next one.

Hi everyone. Well i kind of got onto the next one but still had to finish this one.
'Fall of the Reich 'May 45' Me 109G-6 JG6
The plane has been used as a spare part bin by the end of April to keep others flying to support the defense of Berlin as part of 'Luftflotte 6.'
During January 1945 there was a large scale transfer of fighting units from other areas to support the defense against the upcoming Soviet onslaught.

As above you know i have been working on this painting but I failed to mention that I needed to do another month on the digital painting side of this piece to apply the final detail. I think that you will find the comparison quite interesting. Th digital finishing is still done by hand with a brush but on a glass canvas with a panting program. This actually took twice as long as the initial phase with the artists oils
Enjoy.
image_add.jpg

Well the current project was finished a couple of weeks back and is now with the print people for scanning of the canvas. Once that is done I will do some further work digitally to finish it off and possible produce a limited edition version.
I ended up going with the stormy look......
20161102_180940small.jpg

.....and another shot showing how it was a few months back in between other projects (I know I always do this but even as the artist I enjoy seeing the progression as the journey is forgotten by the end).
1_new_project.JPG

Anyway on to the next one.

Hi everyone. Well i kind of got onto the next one but still had to finsh this one.
'Fall of the Reich 'May 45' Me 109G-6 JG6
The plane has been used as a spare part bin by the end of April to keep others flying to support the defense of Berlin as part of 'Luftflotte 6.'
During January 1945 there was a large scale transfer of fighting units from other areas to support the defense against the upcoming Soviet onslaught.

As above you know i have been working on this painting but I failed to mention that I needed to do another month on the digital painting side of this piece to apply the final detail. I think that you will find the comparison quite interesting. Th digital finishing is still done by hand with a brush but on a glass canvas with a panting program. This actually took twice as long as the initial phase with the artists oils
Enjoy.
Fall_of_the_Reich_JG6_ma.jpg

That's fascinating Ian... :notworthy

Back