• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Devastating Dottie

Thanks all!!!

The way I do my NMF all painting must be done first. Just a quick pic before all was masked over. Having this cameo is awesome and I don't know how I have gone this long without one.

h971975c.jpg

h19c82c8.jpg

ha9de1da.jpg

That does indeed look very nice. I spray on Alclad at a good distance and I may be getting somewhat the same effect. I do it in very thin passes so it is dry to the touch as soon as it hits the plastic. If it is sprayed to a gloss it has an entirely different look. I haven't used Mr Color metal finishes, and I doubt Alclad would like a brush.

I agree with the Alclad, and Airframe Aluminum is a close sheen to what I have now.

See skinny Mike, it all worked out in the end.

h6435ed4.jpg

h002d3ec.jpg

Well, I abandoned HJGB and and wanted to try out my new cameo 4. Cut a bunch of 5.5mm squares and go to town.

A what ? - I know w down here in Middle-Earth we are a wee bit behind the curve, but I honestly don't know what a Cameo 4 is. Can someone please enlighten me ? - cheers.

Ian.

Well, I abandoned HJGB and and wanted to try out my new cameo 4. Cut a bunch of 5.5mm squares and go to town.

A what ? - I know w down here in Middle-Earth we are a wee bit behind the curve, but I honestly don't know what a Cameo 4 is. Can someone please enlighten me ? - cheers.

Ian.

Hey Ian I am in the US and don't have a clue either. At a guess it is some kind of cad paper cutter device.

Thanks all. :drinks

The Cameo4 is a type of plotter/cutter mainly used for arts and crafts. Plenty of information if you Google it.

The cameo has nice software that allows you to create your own designs and what not.

You can also use a scanner in conjunction with the cameo. If you save old Eduard mask, scan the cut out and use the tool to recreate the mask. I now have the ability to make myself endless P-51 mask for the canopies.

Dottie came out SUPER!! (y)
I really like the color combo especially them tail feathers :coolio
:v

Back