• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Late Nashorn

Re:Michael's DML Late Nashorn

B) really cool build Michael. Nashorns and Hummels are pretty sexy aren't they :evil:

Ian.

Brokeneagle wrote:
B) really cool build Michael. Nashorns and Hummels are pretty sexy aren't they :evil:

Ian.

Thanks Ian,

I think its all to do with the big gun :lol: .

Matt Beattie wrote:
WOW Mike what a great build , man we must see some more progress shots ASAP

cheer's

Matt

Thanks Matt,

There will be more images shorlty as I'm switching inbetween a Tamiya Jagdtiger and the Nashorn .
This year has taken me over to the dark side and I've ended up doing 2 of the big boys on the block . :)

Michael

so much brass

Hi,

Here is the latest update .
The plastic shell storage racks will be replaced from the Voyager etch set.
After reviewing numerous photo's from the Nuts and bolts on the Nashorn and Panzers in Samur I found the most accurate shell racks made by Voyager.
Extremely well detailed .The radio side is still to be made up .

nashornrack1.jpg

nashornrack2.jpg

Michael

Beautifull work sofar Mike!! The shell storage racks look amazing!! :woohoo:

Cheers Erik

Thanks Laura and Erik,

This is what it takes to make each holder up .
A lot of folding
88shellholders.jpg

Here is the stage view progress in the fighting compartment layout .
nashorn21stmarch.jpg

nashorn221stmarch2010.jpg

Cheers
Michael

Re: more progress shots with crew

Go, go, go. Mike I want to see this beast painted. I like your PE work.

HOLY BRASS BATMAN!!!! Great work Mike :notworthy

Terry B)

Late Nashorn with Fruil track before painting

Firstly ,Thank you eveyone for your kind words.

Here is the next installment of images.
With the completion of the Fruil track ,front fenders and tow cable the model has been assembled using small amounts of blue tac to hold the model together.
This is to show a somewhat near completed version of what the Nashorn looks like with the work done to it before commencing the painting sub assembly stage.
Once painted the figures and accesories will be added.

I tried using the voyager tow cable wire but found the wire was too springy and a little under scale .
A karaya cable was substituted and sat better on the hull.This is by far better option because you can manipulate the cable to have it sit where you want it .

I have left off the spare wheel mounts at the back along with the exhausts and
u shape mounts(part No A4) which are mounted around the top of the fighting compartment.
I'm not too sure if they are to hold the canvas cover or to hold foliage,probably both . :hmmm
The gunners seat,support arm and gun sight have been left off as well because the figure has to be mounted and properly positioned on the seat viewing through the gun site.

These items are very fragile and I found it best to leave them off .
They would be added once the vehicle will be in the closing stages of the paint and weathering process .

nashornwithfruil1a.jpg

nashornwithfruil3.jpg

nashornwithfruil2.jpg

nashornwithfruil4.jpg

I hope you like the images

Cheers
Michael

Re: Late Nashorn with Fruil track before painting

Really kewl work Mike. The PE work is amazing.

Boy that looks real good, such a clean build. Can't wait to see paint on this!!!!

Tom

Damn Mike, this is very attractive. I'm loving this build so far.... Looking forward to the painting process.
Steven

Back