• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragunov's StuG III Ausf. C/D with 7.5cm L48

Dragunov

Hi All!!!

After a long time away from T&T and modelling, I finaly got the time to do some modelling. I started with the Cyberhobby / Orange series StuG III Ausf. C/D with the 7.5cm L48 gun.

I planned to build it OOB but I used a 7.5cm gun from the spare box because the one in the kit had a 2 piece barrel wich looked to big for my taste. It looked more like a long 105mm barrel :)

Just wanted to show you what I did this weekend......... :blush: at modelling that is!!

Comments welcome!!

01StuGIIIAusfC75mm.jpg

More soon, thanks for looking!

Erik

Good start. Is the tarp glued tissue? And I dont think I've ever seen a c/d with a 75mm gun. Does it ever look wierd (in a good way). Look forward to seeing more of this one.
JAmes

Hi James,

Yes the tarp is tissue soaked in water soluble wood glue, it holds the shape nicely when dried but doesn't stick to the plastic.

Cheers Erik

You just gotta love that low silhouette! Those Sturms must've been hard to see when camouflaged... probably most effective in a defensive role, eh? What was it's standard crew?
emoticon_confused.gif

Your model is coming along great - nice touch with the tarp. Will be watching this one closely.
emoticon_nod.gif

Cheers! :)
Fernao

Hi All!!

Thanks for the nice comments, made some progress, and the StuG is now ready for paint :)

03StuGIIIAusfC75mm.jpg

04StuGIIIAusfC75mm.jpg

02StuGIIIAusfC75mm.jpg

More soon :)

Thanks for looking

BigDog wrote:
You just gotta love that low silhouette! Those Sturms must've been hard to see when camouflaged... probably most effective in a defensive role, eh? What was it's standard crew?
emoticon_confused.gif

Your model is coming along great - nice touch with the tarp. Will be watching this one closely.
emoticon_nod.gif

Cheers! :)
Fernao

Hi Fernao,

Thanks for the comment, I like the low silhoutte of this vehicles to! Because of the lack of a turret they were best suited for a defensive role, ambush etc, but very effective tank hunters. The standard crew was four man; commander, gunner, loader and the driver.

Cheers Erik

Dioramix wrote:
The best on this message is to know that you are OK, Erik. :Hiay On last Saturday I asked myself, why you are absent so long time.

Great to see you back here.

Hi Johnny!

It's good to be back, please say hi to Anne for me :Hiay

Erik

Coming along nicely, Erik!! Are you going to mud it up like the ones pulled from the bog??

Back