• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Falke 'Modified' WIP Completed!!

"Down that Drone" diorama WIP

Your work always amazes me Charles but I am really digging this project brother- excellent work!

First of all, Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!

Here are some updates. Added quiet a few extra details to the external empty slot. Many of the original parts had to be reused in other areas as the original points were already taken up by my other home made parts. See the pics below:

I added several different parts to the undercarriage of the craft. The flat angular piece is from a LAV kit. As you can see, I removed the original dome(anti-gravity) part that was originally there. As I explained in my very first post, I used a hand saw to remove it. I added a flat ring piece and will add another flat piece to cover the hole.

The first pic shows the gun canister or barrel(unsure), Now since I added the wheel rims, it has taken up space to where the original parts were suppose to go, according to the instructions. So I had to had a strip of styrene to cover the holes, so it would be easier to glue the piece in the same space.

Added a n old mortar canister. I thought it looked cool and fitted in just right.

I decided to experiment with another artillery to give this craft a different look than the original gun that came with the kit. I managed to find an old WWII artillery gun in my 'Misc. Box'. So I devised a mount that will make it look the part. I call this, 'The Clunk Buster'. Just remember where you heard it first. ;)

Wow! I have seen this base kit and have a few of the old original NITTO kits in my stash. You are doing a very interesting upgrade to this. A Nebelwurfer?! Coool!

Watching with interest! :popcorn

Wow! I have seen this base kit and have a few of the old original NITTO kits in my stash. You are doing a very interesting upgrade to this. A Nebelwurfer?! Coool!

Thanks. glad you like the results so far. BTW, A Nebelwurfer? What is that may I ask?

They were rocket launchers. When they launched the rockets would go screaming aloft. There were 2 types of Nebelwerfer, the Type 41 and a Type 42 The Type 42 had 5 barrels and launched larger rockets.

Here is the Type 41

Nebelwerfer_41_rocket_launcher_front_view_1280.jpg

Nebelwerfer_41_breach_1280.jpg

Thanks. glad you like the results so far. BTW, A Nebelwurfer? What is that may I ask?

Paul you missed the text...this is a 'The Clunk Buster'. :rotf

Outstanding Charles, how many kits have you raided to get this far? :soldier

They were rocket launchers. When they launched the rockets would go screaming aloft. There were 2 types of Nebelwerfer, the Type 41 and a Type 42 The Type 42 had 5 barrels and launched larger rockets.

Here is the Type 41

Nebelwerfer_41_rocket_launcher_front_view_1280.jpg

Nebelwerfer_41_breach_1280.jpg

Got it. Thank you for the info. Much appreciated.

Paul you missed the text...this is a 'The Clunk Buster'. :rotf

Outstanding Charles, how many kits have you raided to get this far? :soldier

I know the name would make you guys laugh :laugh: ...

I have so much stuff left over from old and leftover kits it ain't funny. Some parts go back as far as 2003. I always said it would come in handy one day. I guess I was right.

Back