• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FIRE MISSION......BIG BRUISER IS DONE!

I have noticed that with some IPMS shows as well Terry .

For me, it's more fun to just attend and enjoy the vendors myself.

I would not mind being judged by a team the way AMPS does their shows as that's supposed to judge your building ability only .

Sort of hard to find any real expert on the material built and often times judges use their personal ideas on what the real looks like .

Judging really makes for a long day as well :soldier

Cheers,Christian B)

I have noticed that with some IPMS shows as well Terry .

For me, it's more fun to just attend and enjoy the vendors myself.

I would not mind being judged by a team the way AMPS does their shows as that's supposed to judge your building ability only .

Sort of hard to find any real expert on the material built and often times judges use their personal ideas on what the real looks like .

Judging really makes for a long day as well :soldier

Cheers,Christian B)

Yeah there is always one. That's ok though it was a pretty good show.

hfd39eb6.png

Hey Terry,

You did a great job on that model despite what those judges might think. How did you like the kit? It looks like Tamiya did a pretty good job with it and that the quality of the sculpting of their figures has improved.

I was working at the Air Defense Artillery Museum when Tamiya came over to visit both the ADA and Artillery Museums where we were allowed to let them take photos and measurements of some historic vehicles. I remember seeing them climbing all over the M40 taking pictures and measuring various items.

When I do go to shows, it is mainly for fun and to talk with other modelers, go to the vendor area, and perhaps learn some new techniques or find some new inspiration. If I happen to do well, then that is a bonus.

Again, great job on the M40.

Cheers,
James

Hey Terry,

You did a great job on that model despite what those judges might think. How did you like the kit? It looks like Tamiya did a pretty good job with it and that the quality of the sculpting of their figures has improved.

I was working at the Air Defense Artillery Museum when Tamiya came over to visit both the ADA and Artillery Museums where we were allowed to let them take photos and measurements of some historic vehicles. I remember seeing them climbing all over the M40 taking pictures and measuring various items.

When I do go to shows, it is mainly for fun and to talk with other modelers, go to the vendor area, and perhaps learn some new techniques or find some new inspiration. If I happen to do well, then that is a bonus.

Again, great job on the M40.

Cheers,
James

Thanks James!

Back