• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Going for an Airplane ride with von Richtohofen

Excellent,
Are you sure the head will fit?????
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
:yipee :yipee :yipee
Frank

h83d5f2a.JPG

Dry-fit of Helmet, head & flight suit. It's looking promising!

haa9b67f.JPG

Manfred will be wearing his kit oxygen mask and lowered visor, so no more facial features are needed.
Archer eyeball decals are great for lots of projects!
I considered Adolf Galland for the Toon-104C. It might be fun to drill a hole and stick a dinky cigar in His face.
Visor down, O2 mask dangling. :idonno
That or Clarence Anderson, using the USAF kit decals.

h318f05a.JPG

I promised myself I wouldn't go to crazy (ME?! :frantic ) on these two Toon jets. The big, empty side console panels fairly scream for switches, handles and other airplane driver-ish stuff! It would be easy to put HUD's on the front instrument panels as well, if the Canopies clear the reflector plate. :hmmm
All my inkjet decal paper is in the IAW Production facility in Marion, IA. I tried a 4X6 of white laserjet paper in my trusty Canon printer. I cain't say I'm pleased with the results. :stinker

h71d712b.JPG

Rather than sacrificing a 1/144 decal sheet of decorations for my helmet, I just took pictures of an existing one and downsized it! :facepalm
Next weekend will tell the tale of supplemental decals for squadron patches, helmet markings and other silly decal details!

Thanks for laughing along!

I just couldn't help myself................

h99ad5c2.JPG

h293636b.JPG

Dry fit of the Toon TF Jet. Even though this is a caricature of the Starfighter, the kit is well engineered and fits very nicely! The plastic responds well to Tamiya thin cement. :yipee
I wonder if other Freedom Models do as well. :hmmm

I just couldn't help myself................

h99ad5c2.JPG

h293636b.JPG

Dry fit of the Toon TF Jet. Even though this is a caricature of the Starfighter, the kit is well engineered and fits very nicely! The plastic responds well to Tamiya thin cement. :yipee
I wonder if other Freedom Models do as well. :hmmm

:good: :pilot

The head did fit.
Excellent
Love the stash.
It sure looks like someone I know????
Frank
:drinks

h82d8f09.JPG

Kit instrument decals.

hc88c3bb.JPG

Dry-fit of both 104's in the kit. I cain't put them together until I finish print the console and helmet decals next weekend. This is a joy to put together!

ha1709cd.JPG

This Independence Day weekend was my personal best in many Moons.

Thanks for looking in!

h77f7392.JPG

h9ea352f.JPG

After spending the weekend at the IAW Decal design facility, I returned home tonight to apply some! I LOVE to decal!
The laser printed decals require no clear coat! They soaked right off & snuggled right down with a touch of solvaset!
The VF-1 Wolfpack helmet decals aren't quite perfect. Flat-coated and inside a Toon canopy? I'm going with them!

Assembly will continue forthwith!

Thanks for looking in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FA85RO89HA
Thanks Men!
This is truly about Der Baron, and not so much about myself!
:drinks :salute :coolio

A Pleasant evening of modeling this night!
h0f67b5a.JPG

I punched out both white paper laser printed and clear paper laser printed VF-1 shoulder patches. The clear decal over a spot of white acrylic paint seemed to look best!

h772555c.JPG

Subdued a little, but in this scale I like it.

h821a1bd.JPG

Der Baron's flight suit gets one of Mike's Werwulf decals for a shoulder patch. BAH-WOOOoooooo!

hc37329d.JPG

I cain't say often enough what a joy these little Toon Starfighters are to build. Just a swish of filler on the belly of the C-Model. Old School blending stretched sprue to fill gaps. On the port side of the vertical stabilizer there is a glaring gap on both F-104's. Handled!

The Outlaw Josey Wales is on! Gotta go! Thanks for laughing along with me!

Back