• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Halls Bulldog

Interesting... First I've heard of a manufacturer saying ya need to thin down the heads to clear the cowl! :blink :unsure: :popcorn

I've had a couple like that. Maybe the other was Accurate Miniatures. The Cowl is rather thick, thing is, I don't see now the cowl actually attaches, unless they want me to just snug it on over the cylinder heads. That's one thing that's rarely represented in modeling. Only one aftermarket cowl has done it right that I've done and that was with the Corsair, can't remember the AM brand but they gave you brackets that link up with the valve covers.

Watching the Master at Work ... :popcorn ... I've seen your stuff ..... still sounds like a snag in the snafu .... on that cowl thing ..... be looking in today for a Update ..... :eek:ldguy

Interesting... First I've heard of a manufacturer saying ya need to thin down the heads to clear the cowl! :blink :unsure: :popcorn

I've had a couple like that. Maybe the other was Accurate Miniatures. The Cowl is rather thick, thing is, I don't see now the cowl actually attaches, unless they want me to just snug it on over the cylinder heads. That's one thing that's rarely represented in modeling. Only one aftermarket cowl has done it right that I've done and that was with the Corsair, can't remember the AM brand but they gave you brackets that link up with the valve covers.

I'm working on my 2nd AccMin kit (did the SBD-1 awhile back) so, can't say which kit yer referring to. I know they are good about describing fit issues & how to get around them.

Master??! You obviously haven't seen my screwups! :rotf
Yeah well even those are masterfully done :D

:rotf

I CORNcur!! :rotf :rotf (y)

So do I. :bang head

h410243e.jpg

I decided to close up the cowl around the engine. Had a slight gap but filled it nicely. Dry fit of the fuselage and started working on the gullwing and gave out. :huh:

Thats a neat little plane. All engine. Bet it went like the wind.
James

James it did, hitting up to about 271 or there abouts but for some reason it's performance went down. I've read that some have speculated that it was the experimental prop being used. Whatever reason Bob Hall dismantled it and sent the engine back to P&W, then used the leftovers to build the Cicada

http://www.airrace.com/1932Nat.htm

Cicada_sm.jpg

And Gerry, it's going together nicely. Of course being a short run like it is there's a lot of clean up and test fitting going on. I'm really thinking about smoking the canopy and not worry about detailing out the cockpit. :hmmm

James

James it did, hitting up to about 271 or there abouts but for some reason it's performance went down. I've read that some have speculated that it was the experimental prop being used. Whatever reason Bob Hall dismantled it and sent the engine back to P&W, then used the leftovers to build the Cicada

Cicada_sm.jpg

And Gerry, it's going together nicely. Of course being a short run like it is there's a lot of clean up and test fitting going on. I'm really thinking about smoking the canopy and not worry about detailing out the cockpit. :hmmm

Bob you can't not detail a cockpit ..... It's just not in Your Blood .... besides it doesn't have to be finished tomorrow ...... :eek:ldguy .... :soldier ... take your time .... put some of that Mr.T stuff in there ..... :eek:ldguy

James

Cicada_sm.jpg

Bob you can't not detail a cockpit ..... It's just not in Your Blood .... besides it doesn't have to be finished tomorrow ...... :eek:ldguy .... :soldier ... take your time .... put some of that Mr.T stuff in there ..... :eek:ldguy
Gotta be done day after tomorrow!! :drinks

I sat down starting sanding and filling and wanted to test fit the canopy...the canopy...where's the canopy?

h64e7c0c.jpg

Well I can't see it here.

I looked all over the garage and couldn't find it. I really don't remember if I got it out of the box or not. This might be on hold. :bang head

Back