• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hobby Boss subs by Sherman 18

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Okay Cooper asked about these. LHS has been getting them in, I did get one I-400 and built it, but "little hands" got it - and well the sub and plane became part of history. It was fun to build. I replaced it and while I was at it I picked up the other three kits that were there. All are 1/700 scale by Hobby Boss, cheap and pretty easy to build - tip remove the locating tabs when assembling the upper and lower hulls. I messed up the Typhoon by not listening to myself. First is the late war Gato class US navy, second is the I-400 Japanese Navy (coolest out of all of the subs - just me), third is the Akula class Russian Navy, and the forth is the Typhoon class Russian Navy. The Akula is ready for a good clear coat and then decals. The Gato has been the worst fitting out of all of them, but nothing that can't be over come. I plan on doing more of these kits, they are just fun, cheap and different.

011_20100101_1051796009.jpg

010_20100101_1466687908.jpg

009_20100101_2010479147.jpg

Hi Sherman.

Those are some cool looking boats you got there. Does the Typhoon come with a Capt. Ramius figure :lol: . Do you by chance have any other 1/700 vessels so we could get an idea of the size of that Typhoon? It looks like it is a really really big boat. And are you going to put any kind of camo on any of them, or all just solid colors like the Alpha?

And thanks for posting these (y) . Please post some more pics when you get the chance to start putting some paint on them.

Gary B)

Thanks Cooper. I have never ever built anything that goes into the water before so these are my only navy subjects I have.

Nice subs Sherman 18 - I happened upon the 700 scale Type IX U boat on ebay just a few days ago and was wondering what their sub kits are like! This makes me wanna go get one!!

Back