• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hurricane Sandy 2012

Glad to have you check in Glenn...really sorry to hear all that...I tried calling Saùl to check in with him as well...offered my place here in Saratoga for a break if they needed it...I imagine you'd rather stay there with your house...but same for you guys...if you need a place to get away for a while-- we've got toasty wood heat and power and water...just PM me dude!

Thanks God you're ok Glenn.

I'll keep my prayers. But one thing for sure, with health you, will be able to reconstruct everthing!
Keep up brother!

P.s: How about a knew campaing? :D

I am very sorry to hear that Glenn :( but it is good to know that you are ok!

Take care!

All the best!
Dusan.

Saul just got hold of me. No power or heat and his work blocks MA. He's okay. Jeeves I passed on your offer.
James

I appreciate that James...have him call me if he needs anything...

[hide](518) 812-1697[/hide]

Thanks!

Glen good to hear from you,I'm glad your coming thru in decent shape.My buddy down in Holgate did okay with his house.Hang in there buddy.

Oh by the way guys,my power and heat came on last night after seven days,!!!!

We use to vacation there, Glen- so sad to hear it's all torn up. My Great Aunt and Uncle lived in Beach Haven.

I'm in a Howard Johnsons Inn which jacked up their price to accomodate us still without power or heat. I only could get two days since they are booked solid. I chose this place as it close to my home so as to check up on my pets as they arenot allowed in HJ.

I worked 65.5 straight hours for a NYC hospital and heard yesterday that they plan to dock me one day since management must show up 5 days per week. The fact that I had to walk from Booklyn, NY over a bridge then the West side of midtown Manhattan to the Port Authority Bus Terminal means nothing as they probably expected me to walk to Booklyn.

No home damage but many trees are down and one did land on my neighbor's home. We lost power Monday night at 8 PM and the home temperature reached 48 degrees F. We did have hot water and were able to cook but I heard my son start coughing so I went hotel room shopping. All the online sites had call instead of prices, not a good sign.

Regards,

Just good to hear that in spite of things you guys are ok.

Terry :unsure:

Glad to know everyone is safe Saul. It should be criminal how they are price gouging!

Please let us know if there's anything we can do, hope they get power restored ASAP!

Saul glad to know you and your family are ok. And your pets, they're fine too?

And to walk in NYC how about a bycicle? :D

I'll keep my prayers, and keep up brother!

I went by to check on the pets (they are fine) and power was restored about 45 minutes ago. I informed the front desk at the hotel that I will check out tomorrow (the home is still cold and power went off momentarily as we were inside cleaning up the freezers).

Bicycling would be fine except the buses into the city won't allow them. At the moment, transit is running but Thursday we are expecting some snow.

Regards,

Phone lines just came back on , got internet !!!

Saul , good to hear everyone's ok.

Mike , thanks for the offer but I've got the woodstove and all kinds of survival beer , .......... I mean gear .

Chuk , John , the island is all but destroyed ........... now that I'm back on line I'll find some more pics emergency services friends took .

Big thanks to everyone else , it was real bad but we came through with less damage than I expected , some roofing needs to be done , some siding , removed a whole pant load of trees and branches off the house , the pool table , shuffleboard table , hot tub and Tiki bar came through without a scratch !!!
Lotsa trees and branches coverd the patio but after removing them caaaaaaarfully everything's ok .
Found a garbage can 40 feet or so in a tree in the woods , also a hundred yards down the street was covered in dead fish , .......... that was a sucky clean up job .
We've [ neighbors ] been taking turns working on everyones houses that are still standing and removing and recovering stuff from the condemed ones .

I'll check back later , ........

We've [ neighbors ] been taking turns working on everyones houses that are still standing and removing and recovering stuff from the condemed ones .

I'll check back later , ........

That's the way to git'er done! :drinks

Glad things are returning to normal Glenn, slowly but surely.

Back