• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

It was bound to happen.

Paulw

The years just seem to go by real quickly now since I came into my mid sixties. Ive been having difficulties with health related things from high blood pressure to a triple CABG about 14 years ago. Diabetes, obesity and a myriad of other conditions that I just chalk up to getting older and a sedate lifestyle that was caused by a service connected back injury. Just in the past year I learned I have cataracts and glaucoma. I learned by the retinal scans that the right eye has one directly in front of the macula and the left eye has it leaving spots all over the retina subsequently I have been looking through glare and a yellow haze for the past year.

Cataract surgery is very common and I have known people that have had it and have vastly improved sight. Today I learned that I'll be getting mine done soon and I am kinda of excited about the whole ordeal. I don't know how much it will improve my sight but any kind of improvement is is 100%.
In retrospect I will not be doing any plastic therapy for a couple of weeks after but when it heals I will be just a excited as having a new kit.

Paul, I believe they do one eye, then do the other once the first is doing well. Depending on how you recover, you should be able to do plastic work in a few days.

Best of luck, Paul. Several friends have had the work done and say the difference is amazing!

While on the subject of eyesight, I make a living with my eyes and the fine detail I need to see. I tried the Bausch & Lomb Preservision a few years ago and it seemed like the vitamins made a difference in the acuity of my vision. I have been taking these from Kroger for a while now and they seem to have reduced the number of floaters in my vision as well as improved the acuity again. (I had quit taking these for a while) While not cheap, they do seem to make a marked difference.

Visionshield.jpg

Well I just got off the phone with my medicare sup company and they want 300 per eye. Which I think really isn't all that bad but when you don't have the funds it is a major hurdle. So in hind sight I need to get on the ball and rattle the VA to get this done.

I've been taking the Coq10 since my new doc told me to stop fartin' around with this stuff. Been on it about 4 months now and I'm using less powerful readers. I was on 2.5 to read computer screen then found myself leaning into the screen to see it. Broke out some 2.0 I had for a while and wow. I catch myself reading my phone without readers (depending on the app).
That and the joint supplement Turmeric has done wonders. My knee is much better than it was like 2 months ago.

Well I just got off the phone with my medicare sup company and they want 300 per eye. Which I think really isn't all that bad but when you don't have the funds it is a major hurdle. So in hind sight I need to get on the ball and rattle the VA to get this done.
Dang skippy, you earned those benefits so go get'm!

I've been taking the Coq10 since my new doc told me to stop fartin' around with this stuff. Been on it about 4 months now and I'm using less powerful readers. I was on 2.5 to read computer screen then found myself leaning into the screen to see it. Broke out some 2.0 I had for a while and wow. I catch myself reading my phone without readers (depending on the app).
That and the joint supplement Turmeric has done wonders. My knee is much better than it was like 2 months ago.
What's Coq10?

What's Coq10?
Cardiologist told me to get on it a while back but because I'm hardheaded I didn't listen. You'll hear commercials for it on radio and that gave me a negative impression about it.

Last edited:
Wishing you a successful surgery and good recovery Paul.

And you're right 300 per eye isn't bad at all considering the benefits you'll get out of it. I think the new rule for the VA is that they have 21 days....is it? to get you taken care of and then you can go to someone on the outside.

Paul, What is your disability level? At 100% they do everything for you. If the local doesn't have the capability they are supposed to send you downtown on their dime. Don't let them off the hook.

Yesterday was my last eye exam before the surgery. I got my dates and all the paper work done so all I have to do is wait until the 25th of Oct for the first one and the second is the 22nd of Nov. I am looking forward to getting this done. Onward ho!

Back