• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

My Russian Tiger has arrived. What a cool looking kit.

DSC03355.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

Got some new stuff today! First is a Dust Studio's Walker which has parts to build one of three versions. It is about 1/48 scale and can you say heavy weathering here we come. Next is set a Dragon figures that will go into my up coming diorama "Do you like trains too".

Terry

DSC09381.JPG
I have built that one and with some disasembly it makes a nice walker.

Latest Acquisitions

Great finds Terry! that walker looks like it screams for heavy weathering :D

And those dragon figs are very nice to, nice relaxed poses.

James, that's one bad ass "jeep"! looking forward to see that on the WIP :popcorn
//Mats

Latest Acquisitions

thought they were a bit thin but they do work well.

They are thin, 0.05 inch to be exact. However, they do hold their shape enough to precisely place glue without it bending like the wire loops I used.

I have tried it on CA (thick and thin) and Gator's Grip Glue (yes, I know production is closed until further notice).

So far, so good. Photos are being taken and a proper review written.

Wait, I almost forgot about my package with new resin and PE. However, now I really need to have a sale to cover the credit card before the wife notices I stomped over the modeling budget!

Regards,

I mentioned earlier that I use my microtorch to clean the CA off, word of warning...don't do that with these things unless you want to see metal burn up.. :facepalm

Latest Acquisitions

This arrived today.

DSC03440.JPG

?Took some sprue shots but as you can see from the cover, they aren't very good. More to follow.
James

Latest Acquisitions

Ooooh...didn't know that was out yet, looks like a helluva kit!

I think I'll get one, partly so I can use the flathead for a dio project.

Tom

Latest Acquisitions

My late birthday present showed up yesterday. The whole fleet in 1/2500 scale. Now that is tiny :blink
Guess I need to find a new photo hosting site. Any of them that are better than photobucket. I loathe that site since they made it "better"

IMG_5108 by ryanjourney, on Flickr

Latest Acquisitions

Not model related but Military- I picked up Stephen Coonts edited anthology "Victory" 10 long short stories by various writers on WWII espionage and other themes. I havnt finished but I like it so much I just picked up 'Combat' and 'War in the Air'- two other anthologies also edited and contributed by Coonts. Got all three in hardback for less than 21 bucks. Anyone have a bookcase they want to sell? Mine are spilling over! :bang head

Latest Acquisitions

A whole box of Badger goodies :woohoo: , a bit more then what you can see here
IMG_0204.JPG

Maybe this will help splian things a bit :D
IMG_0203.JPG

Back