• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Funny how things work out sometimes.... I was scanning an old Scale Aviation Modeler magazine from 1996 I picked up at a club meeting and found a review article for a neat little Hughes 500 (Breda Nardi NH 500) helicopter kit with floats made by Astrokit. Never had heard of it but was intrigued!

IMG_7178.JPG

The kit itself was a reboxed Fujimi kit with some resin floats and parts. A quick search found one on Ebay for $250.00. Wasn't going to pay that!

A little further searching though, I found this used kit for sale at Wheels and Wings in Toronto

IMG_7177.JPG

and if you lookin the bottom left of the box, it has all that parts for the float version. It was around $50! Yeah!

Also got a good deal on a kit (well 2) that I never pictured myself getting. A couple B-29's for $50 because they were started and were missing some pieces.

IMG_7176.JPG

This first one was just missing the front wheels and props. I can order them and already ordered decals for "Kee Bird"

This second one was all there but I think the previous owner was going to build a cutaway version or something of one of the silverplate bombers. the fuselage was all cut up and the turret holes were all ground away.

IMG_7174.JPG

Anyway, I think I can use some Evergreen sprue and salvage it. Already started to re-inforce the Starboard side by the rear. These are BIG kits!!

IMG_7175.JPG

This second one was all there but I think the previous owner was going to build a cutaway version or something of one of the silverplate bombers. the fuselage was all cut up and the turret holes were all ground away.

guess the previous owner wanted to show someone getting some sack time back in the gunner station.

@moon puppy, didn't we have someone (FightNJoe) obsessed with Peral Harbor Day that built MANY cutaway aircraft? Perhaps, this was one of his since the latest projects he has are all 1/32nd scale?

Yes, I know FightinJoe, he mostly posts at Online Scale Modelers if he posts at all. He's very infrequent over there too; I don' t think I've seen him post in nearly a year.

Yeah, real hard to see. I tried flipping them over but it is either the phone camera or the photographer, most likely the latter.
It's the EXIF data that does that, it usually needs to be stripped with a photo editing program before such irritating things stop happening.

Here's some items that have been gifted to me.

First, from a very generous Canadian, here are 100 3-D printed chairs in 1/72 scale. Some are complete, others will need to be assembled:

full

One of my fellow Orange County IPMS friends gifted me these and more:

full

In addition to the above, he also gifted two, possibly three other 1/72 scale P-51D models in baggies,, all complete. I'm planning on keeping the P-38 (it's already started as you can see soon in my next tour) and the egg plane. I'm still debating whether I'll build the P-51B, but all the -D Mustangs I'd like to sell. Anyone want a herd of Mustangs, give me an offer. Try not to low ball me too much though; we are insolvent here and I could really use the money.

That's all for now. I'm going to go prepare for the next Maddog Manufacturing tour now.

Last edited:
You guys post on other model forums?? :blink

:rotf I'm kidding.
I tried to post on model cars magazine last week.
Having been a member for 2 years and with 15 post so far they still wanted to "approve" my posts before they can be shown.

I told them that i take offence at being presumed guilty when i have done nothing wrong and they said they need to protect their members.
I had no idea i was a threat :)
Stupid thing is... i was told to just post 25 times and i would be ok....just post "nice" or "good" on 25 other builds and that would sort it.

Sorry but i really cant be bothered with this nonsense , i am a grown up .........so i deleted my membership..

Hooray for the alliance here.👏

Bob, I'm not sure what I'll do with 100 chairs. We'll see!

I'm a member of at least 7 other boards and have not had any of those issues. I'm thrilled to show my work to others.

Back