• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"LET'S PANZER" NEW PROJECT Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf D/B

mW3eSOd.jpg

Funny thing happened on the way to the basement. I went to look for a Tiger I to start building, something I would enjoy and sitting in the pile at eye level was a Miniart PzKpfw III Ausf D/B. So question for you is have you run into any issues or is it a straight forward build so far? I'm kind of wondering about starting it but I need something that will be fun. Thanks in advance for your thoughts on it.
James

Ok the springs and suspension arms are done. 50 parts all told :blink . Way over engineered.

PZ6.jpg

PZ7.jpg

B)
Okay the arms confused me but yours look the same so I must be doing it right. Its a weird setup with the little piece buried in the arm.

Funny thing happened on the way to the basement. I went to look for a Tiger I to start building, something I would enjoy and sitting in the pile at eye level was a Miniart PzKpfw III Ausf D/B. So question for you is have you run into any issues or is it a straight forward build so far? I'm kind of wondering about starting it but I need something that will be fun. Thanks in advance for your thoughts on it.
James

It is going together ok, but it's not for the beginner. The arms are a multi part affair that could have been done as a single part. That is the theme of this kit going forward. I have ordered metal tracks because the sprue gates are overly large that makes the track links a nightmare to clean, if you can get them off without damage. I broke the first one I tried to remove. Moving now to the upper hull so stick around for further reports.

If you take your time and think through the assembly it should turn out ok.

B)

Ok wheels and sprockets are painted and attached. Exhaust and upper hull is next.

PZ12.jpg

PZ13.jpg

Oh and the metal tracks are on the way.

B)

Looking Sweet Terry!
I really like your pallet choice and control of the color application... (y)

Back