• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, Base & Buildings, Updated Feb. 13, 2020

Logistics, Base & Buildings Updated Oct. 17, 2019

Overwhelming quality! I am truly not worthy! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thanks Mark,

Sure you are! On this website, you are Mr. Prolific!!!

Bob

Got some more done. I am working on the interior of the arch. My plan his to give it some perspective even though it is only about two inches deep. I'm also working on two smaller columns on the upper part of the front wall. I am using photographs of building interiors that are shot in perspective, right, left and center. Above the wooden first floor will be two more floors and will be seen through glass covering the front of the arch. On the bottom floor, I used micro slip glass. Tiny and micro thin slips that are laid on the microscope slides to view specimens. It makes great scale glass.

There is a forth and fifth floor above the arch.

Only one photo this time. Hopefully, next week I'll finish up this wall and get onto the other two.

9999~6.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Bob
BLOODY HELL!!!!! :drinks

Thanks Dave,

I appreciate that! :)

Bob

Bob, wow what to say, Im blown away with the marble, it looks amazing and the "how to' is excellent
it makes me want to try it. no wonder you are the master. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

excellent work!

Abdin

Thanks Abdin,

I've seen your work Abdin!

It would be easy for you! But, please, finish Dora first! :)

Bob

Thanks for the vote of confidence Bob: re 'Mr. Prolific'. That's about all I got going for me. Still, I enjoy this hobby immensely and being able to associate with and learn from people like you and everyone else here on the Alliance is a treat beyond words.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Bob: re 'Mr. Prolific'. That's about all I got going for me. Still, I enjoy this hobby immensely and being able to associate with and learn from people like you and everyone else here on the Alliance is a treat beyond words.

You know Mark!

We all do what we do in the hobby for a reason. I've been involved steadily in the model hobby now for 74 years. (I built my first model at age 4), I have one reason and one reason only! I love to do it, after all these years, it still is exciting and I never get tired of it

After meeting you and getting to know you, I have a strong hunch you have that same reason! I build big stuff and you build lots of stuff! Not a lot of difference! :) You get ideas from me and people like me. I get ideas from you and people like you!

Sounds like a win-win scenario to me!!!

Bob

I doubt I will ever be able to make columns like those, so I think I'll just go eat some marble fudge ice cream!

You know Mark!

We all do what we do in the hobby for a reason. I've been involved steadily in the model hobby now for 74 years. (I built my first model at age 4), I have one reason and one reason only! I love to do it, after all these years, it still is exciting and I never get tired of it

After meeting you and getting to know you, I have a strong hunch you have that same reason! I build big stuff and you build lots of stuff! Not a lot of difference! :) You get ideas from me and people like me. I get ideas from you and people like you!

Bob

I couldn't have said it better myself. Yes, I do love to do it and it is still exciting. FYI: I built my first model at age six. You beat me by two years. LOL!

Marble Fudge Ice cream... that sounds good!

You know Mark!

Bob

I couldn't have said it better myself. Yes, I do love to do it and it is still exciting. FYI: I built my first model at age six. You beat me by two years. LOL!

Marble Fudge Ice cream... that sounds good!

I doubt I will ever be able to make columns like those, so I think I'll just go eat some marble fudge ice cream!

Wouldn't it melt...oh.... :facepalm :rotf

Marble Fudge ice cream! That gets my vote!

Thanks Guys!

Bob

I've been making some accessories for the Train station.

Shown here are the staircase from the upper street, a phone booth, two doors for the rest rooms and a large information sign.

9~4.JPG

A closeup of the staircase.

99~7.JPG

The information sign with both a city map and a subway map.

999999~4.JPG

This is the chairs and a table which will be outside the Wurst cafe. The wooden enclosure on the left is a part of the "interior" of the front wall.

9999999~0.JPG

These are actually trusses that will help support the arched roof. They will be attached to support poles near the outer part of the Grand hall closest to the viewer. In this instance, they are very ornate.

99999~5.JPG

This is the side wall of the Grand Hall. It isn't finished as yet, a cafe, phone booth. more detailing and some framed paintings still to go.

99999999~0.JPG

Another angle.

8~4.JPG

These are photos of the front wall that is nearing completion. Still have some work on the three floors of the arched opening, plus more details here and there.

88~7.JPG

88~7.JPG

The arch at the top.

8888~4.JPG

So far on the arch interior.

888~5.JPG

Another angle.

888888~2.JPG

The center floors.

88888~2.JPG

Thanks for looking in!

Bob

Logistics, Base & Buildings Updated Oct. 31, 2019

Holy Cow Bob! Now where is this going to fit?!
h7efec75.jpg

Looking EXCELLENT as always!

Great_Job.gif

Words just fail me....this work is truly fabulous Bob! It's a real treat to see you work...

Holy Cow Bob! Now where is this going to fit?!
h7efec75.jpg

Looking EXCELLENT as always!

Great_Job.gif

Thanks Paul!

Those are the same two walls I started with. It hasn't grown at all, just lots of details. I posted this earlier! That is as big laterally as it will get. Somewhat taller though!

9000.JPG

Bob

Words just fail me....this work is truly fabulous Bob! It's a real treat to see you work...

Thanks John,

Honestly, this has been one of the most difficult projects yet, and..... there's a lot more to go before it's finished! My biggest fault in modeling, or so I've been told many times, is that I always underestimate the amount of work it will take to complete a project!

Bob

Oh I missed this last update. See, you start off so simple, no over thinking it.

I've been making some accessories for the Train station.

Shown here are the staircase from the upper street, a phone booth, two doors for the rest rooms and a large information sign.

9~4.JPG

A closeup of the staircase.

99~7.JPG

The information sign with both a city map and a subway map.

999999~4.JPG

This is the chairs and a table which will be outside the Wurst cafe. The wooden enclosure on the left is a part of the "interior" of the front wall.

9999999~0.JPG

These are actually trusses that will help support the arched roof. They will be attached to support poles near the outer part of the Grand hall closest to the viewer. In this instance, they are very ornate.

99999~5.JPG

This is the side wall of the Grand Hall. It isn't finished as yet, a cafe, phone booth. more detailing and some framed paintings still to go.

99999999~0.JPG

Another angle.

8~4.JPG

These are photos of the front wall that is nearing completion. Still have some work on the three floors of the arched opening, plus more details here and there.

88~7.JPG

The arch at the top.

8888~4.JPG

So far on the arch interior.

888~5.JPG

Another angle.

888888~2.JPG

The center floors.

88888~2.JPG

Thanks for looking in!

Bob
bumpin' the images to the next page. :coolio