• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Completed January 19, 2021

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Updated Sept. 11, 2017

Wow, could be a good base for something knocked out.

:popcorn

I like that idea.

Man that car looks like an Armeggedon kit. I don't blame you for passing it by.

I gotta say, that was the most flashing I have ever seen on a model!

Bob

Then you have never built an Armaggeddon or Maquette kit. The amount of flash and other issues makes what you posted look like a Tamiya kit! I have built one Armaggeddon kit and two Maquette kits ans the best description I could give for the experience is: You assemble all the parts and then carve the model out of the block of plastic you built. You'd have enough left over plastic to mold at least two more medium sized kits....

Good luck on your hunt for another decent vehicle.

Thanks Duke,

I'll make a mental note. Never buy a Maquette or an Armaggeddon Kit!

Bob

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Updated Oct.17th, 2017

Has anybody on here built the Miniart Harley Davidson? Curious because usually, I'm a pretty fast builder. I spent three days averaging maybe 4 hours a day building it. That's about 12 hours for a motorcycle that should have taken me 3 or 4 hours at the most!

I'm not complaining about quality at all. Beautifully designed kit, and I'm sure it will paint and detail out nicely. It has to do with the number of parts and the size of those parts. Can you say tiny????? There were a lot of parts too small for me to pick up with tweezers! Then the photo-etch. Jeez! Maybe I'm showing my age here, but when I have to find the parts on my work area with an optivisor, whoa!

Anyway, got it built, at least to the point of giving it a base coat! I left off some of the parts that would be better added after painting, the windscreen, lights, Thompson machine gun case, all the clear parts, etc.

I have previously built the Tamiya Harleys, and the Italeri one several times, and neither took any time at all. I guess I have to say the Miniart bike is so incredibly detailed that makes the difference. A warning to those of you who have trouble with PE, you can't build this one without the PE.

00~4.JPG

0~4.JPG

And, all the parts to add later.

000~5.JPG

The painting will be no problem, but the weathering will be interesting. Everything is so tiny and delicate. And then, I have to wire it! :bang head :bang head :bang head And, there are still several PE parts to add on!

Later!

Bob

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Updated Oct.17th, 2017

Resin and Vac kits can still have a place in the hobby, just not as poor partial pieces of poo like some used to be. I have several vac kits that are not available and the subjects were only available as the one vac kit I have. Most of the old vac kits were pretty poor and should have never been made.

Considering making a special one off vac kit in 1/32 (If I ever get the reference book I ordered from Valiant)

Really looking forward to seeing this all come together Bob! Still not sure when I will be back Tulsa way.

Thanks Paul,

I didn't mean that resin or vacu-form kits will disappear. I meant they will no longer be part of the mass market. Both were in their day. From 1985 to well into the 90s, VLS sold more Verlinden resin kits than we did many plastic brands. After the vacuform market died down, we still carried several lines, but, they sold so slowly, no distributor would consider picking them up as a new line. It's a matter of volume.

Bob

Fuggettaboutitt!

All that for nothing! It would be easier to scratchbuild a 1940 Ford than to fix the problems on that one!

That's how life goes in the modeling world sometimes. I'll start looking around again. If nothing else, I can add another Jeep!

I have one of these, in black but the grill is misplaced. It is 1/34th scale and was only $6 at my local Walgreen's pharmacy. Here, you have a nice deal for two! Simple repaint but the 5 window is not the same as the one you have. no idea if you can graft the body you own onto one of them but worth a try since you'll have two!

Regards,

Fuggettaboutitt!

All that for nothing! It would be easier to scratchbuild a 1940 Ford than to fix the problems on that one!

That's how life goes in the modeling world sometimes. I'll start looking around again. If nothing else, I can add another Jeep!

I have one of these, in black but the grill is misplaced. It is 1/34th scale and was only $6 at my local Walgreen's pharmacy. Here, you have a nice deal for two! Simple repaint but the 5 window is not the same as the one you have. no idea if you can graft the body you own onto one of them but worth a try since you'll have two!

Regards,

Thanks Saul,

I have already done that with a Plymouth. Taken a die cast and converted it to a staff car.

plymouth011a~0.jpg

Ply01~0.jpg

Thanks for reminding me. No idea why I didn't think of that! I'll take a trip to our local Walgreens next week.

Bob

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Updated Oct.26th, 2017

I am adding some Harleys and a Bantam British staff car, plus a Humber, (Not Monte's) as well as a 1940 Cadillac staff car (US), All will be Olive Drab except the Cadillac which will be gloss black but have all the red plates with stars and the red flags on either fender. I had more big brass than vehicles to get them there.

Here are some parts awaiting paint for the Miniart Bantam. It will have British markings.

0gg~1.JPG

Some Wheels for both the Bantam and the Humber that are base coated.

0ggg~0.JPG

The Bantam, base coated, in the process of adding dry transfers.

000~6.JPG

A slightly out of focus Humber staff car.

0000~4.JPG

A shot from above.

00000~3.JPG

This is one of the latest Harleys I have built and Basecoated, the Italeri one.

0~5.JPG

And, the Miniart Harley with all the photo-etching. Got it base coated and started the dry transfers.

00~7.JPG

We're going to St. Louis for a visit tomorrow, Be back on Wednesday to the bench.

Thanks for looking!

Bob

Logistics, trucks & Jeeps Updated Nov. 11th, 2017

Wow the difrence between the harleys is quite prenounced :woohoo:

I guess the Italieri bike will be a little less visibly placed than the MiniArt one.

Looking great overall Bob!

Have a nice trip!

I guess the Italieri bike will be a little less visibly placed than the MiniArt one.

Looking great overall Bob!

Have a nice trip!

Thanks Paul,

Frankly it was shocking! I have three Italeri Harleys, two Tamiya Harleys and the one Miniart. Within the 56 vehicles on the diorama, arranging will be easy for "Placement", shall we say. At this stage, I'm not going to replace the other five! They are so delicate and time consuming to build, Forget it! :yipee

In those photos, they are blown up to double or triple size, so it is much less noticeable in actual size.

The ancient Tamiya kits are more like the Miniart than the Italeri, which are old, but still much newer kits than the Tamiya.

Bob

Back