• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M24 Chaffee * * D O N E * *

M24 Chaffee (Long build 3)

I like it! I think the stowage may need a touch more pigments to integrate it into the build a little better. Just my thoughts.

Mike

M24 Chaffee (Long build 3)

Kit - Italeri 1:35 (re-tool).
Paint - All acrylics.
Decals - Kit & Star Decals
Extras - Verlinden & Voyager resin stowage, lead foil, Jordi Rubio turned aluminium barrel.

M24 Chaffee
3rd Armd Div
Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
February 1945.

CG8qTaM.jpg

szb7JWg.jpg

cXVk1pJ.jpg

QaTcOcP.jpg

iz6HkYq.jpg

ePNG2S7.jpg

bMUUjdo.jpg

dZpaRlc.jpg

dT9vPP2.jpg

Started two-and-a-half years ago, then parked on the 'Shelf of Forgetfulness' until about four weeks ago. Kit is the old but still OK'ish'  Italeri kit - but the later re-box with the WWII tracks. It went together fairly well, but the suspension arms are surprisingly delicate and don't stand-up well to rough handling and the tracks are waaaayyy too thick and generally un-co-operative, if I ever build another I will definitely be investing in a set of AM tracks. 

Two 'firsts' on this - First time using MIG's US WWII OD set - but only the base tone and the first lighter one, and first time attempt at the Rinaldi hairspray chipping method. BECAUSE it's my first time using this technique, I'm sincerely asking for feedback, because it's the only way I will get better, right ?. So that's pretty much it, as ever thanks for taking the time and effort to comment or criticize, have the rest of a great weekend, folks.

Best from NZ

Ian.

Back