• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M6A1 "Bearhound"--Mission Accomplished!!!

The M4...Something...Something

B) B) Love the idea and the 'cross-kitting' - looks like something they should have done!

Ian.

Ok...I'm still pecking way at this one and working out how to get them fat-ol wheels tucked up under the hull as to not look overly stupid. First try was a total failure.
Since I'm using the chain drive from a dragon wagon it pushed the wheels out way pass the hull side...and looked stupid. :facepalm So I'm going to recess the axles into the lower hull and see what happens.

The Fail
hac3ab17_2019-02-17.jpg

New Approach
h9e1613e.jpg

:v

Ok...I'm still pecking way at this one and working out how to get them fat-ol wheels tucked up under the hull as to not look overly stupid. First try was a total failure.
Since I'm using the chain drive from a dragon wagon it pushed the wheels out way pass the hull side...and looked stupid. :facepalm So I'm going to recess the axles into the lower hull and see what happens.

The Fail
hac3ab17_2019-02-17.jpg

New Approach
h9e1613e.jpg

:hmmm

Interesting

Looks like a motor pool repair to me :good: I like it . :good:

Don't get your pants get caught up in those chains :frantic

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks everyone! This is turning out to be more fun than I originally thought it would be.

I getting ready to start on the front axle or axles, and therein lies the problem. My first mockup was with a regular M4A3 hull but I decided later to use the longer M4A4 hull...seemed to make more sense...to me anyway.

So one axle...
h3ea474a.jpg

or two front axles...
hf71b96e.jpg

What are the suggestions from the Armor Board?

Digging the longer wheelbase and extra pair of wheels. :good:

Thanks everyone! This is turning out to be more fun than I originally thought it would be.

I getting ready to start on the front axle or axles, and therein lies the problem. My first mockup was with a regular M4A3 hull but I decided later to use the longer M4A4 hull...seemed to make more sense...to me anyway.

So one axle...
h3ea474a.jpg

or two front axles...
hf71b96e.jpg

What are the suggestions from the Armor Board?

Like a Greyhound on steroids. :rotf

I'll be a voice in the opposite direction...

I think if the rear wheels are moved forward a bit so they are both under the hull, it would look better with just the ten wheels. The second set of forward wheels wouldn't be needed. Again, that is just my opinion, it's your model, it's gonna stay on your shelf.

Still following along; I like this different style. Bring it on my friend!

Back