• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Macross YF-19

Dave Diaz

Hello once again.

This time I am stepping out of my usual subjects into something less common for me. This is actually a commissioned build so it's going to be very simple.

1-3.jpg

The Hasegawa kit is very well done and all the parts are molded with no flash and excellent quality. This promises to be an interesting build.

Getting started I built the pilot seat and cockpit. The kit actually comes with a second seat to make the plane a two seater, but this time I will build the single seat version.

2.jpg

I assemble to cockpit to the fuselage.

3.jpg

After a quick masking…

4.jpg

… I gave it all a coat of Vallejo Panzer Gray.

5.jpg

Is looking pretty good so far. See you guys on the next update.

dave

I've seen you build a lot of stuff over the years, but nothing like this.

At least not that I can remember...

this should be cool!

:ro:

Here you go. This will cure the blahs from the other thread. I've stopped and looked at this kit at Hobby Link Japan a few times. It will be good to see how it goes.

Rob.

Thanks for the support guys,

So far everything is going smoothly. I finished painting the seat, and about this time I started to feel the urge of scratchbuilding the pilot's harness… I had to whack myself on the head and remind me this is an "out of the box" build… Anyways, here is the seat.

1.jpg

The rest of the cockpit was done with an oil wash and gradual highlights of lighter grays.

2-1.jpg

Added some decals to the control panel.

3-1.jpg

Then, I noticed the kit was missing one of the machineguns of the wings, so I had to make them out of brass tubing.

4-1.jpg

Thanks for looking. I'll see you in the next update.

dave

Very cool. Can't believe how detailed that kit is. So many great anime related kits out there. I still wanna build a Tachikoma (GITS) and Spike Spiegel's Swordfish II. And a Gundam. Cause ya just have to have at least one.

Keep us posted

Matt :)

Back