• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Maddog Manufacturing 2023 Grand Re-Opening

Well, as promised, here's another tour. It'll be a short one as I have Christmas activities coming up. Merry Christmas everyone! All aboard the trams!

First off, in the Hangar, we have a coat of black primer added to the F-94 to see what seams and issues need to be addressed:

full

Later we added the silver overcoat:

full

Followed by the decals. These were not too hard, only one broke four times:

full

Getting close on that one. Meanwhile, in this next bay, we have the canopy being painted for the Nigerian Mi-24 Hind shelf queen:

full

That is the replacement I got from the Hasegawa kit. You can see there's gonna be some serious adjustments to make this fit the ancient Airfix kit:

full

That completes this short tour of the Hangar, now on to the Motor Pool....

Here in the Motor Pool, we decided to start one of the GAZ AAA tracks. The chassis was mostly built up:

full

Moving on, we got the camouflage painted on the German Dingo scout car and then added the decals:

full

The decals above are a generic marking set I got since I acquired this kit for free at the St. Crispin's Hobby Hall. It was a donation and the decals were missing from the kit. So it was offered to me and I'm building it as a version that has the M.19 grenade launcher....with generic markings.

All the final bits were added, so detail painting later can be done:

full

Finally in this last bay, we have the '37 Ford Stakebed truck. The front fender mounts were all photo-etch parts:

full

Once they were dry, we were able to mount the fender. We also added the headlights and horn:

full

Afterward, the decals were added to this. I figured it would be easier to get them on now and then later finish this off once they were sealed:

full

That's what's been happening in the Motor Pool, now on to the Shipyards again.

Here in the shipyards, work has been slowly moving forward on the Robert E. Lee. First off, in order to move forward, we needed to get the lettering done on the side of the ship. Here's our first attempt:

full

Pretty sucky, even with a very fine brush. Second attempt went a bit better as seen on the bottom:

full

Still not to my satisfaction, so more work will be done on that. Meanwhile, work on the paddlewheel cabin commenced. As you can see from this pic, the sides are quite warped, so we made a start gluing the ends into place on the curve:

full

The other side was added and when the ends were dry, we cemented the rest of the walls down, using the clamp and some tape to help it maintain the form it's supposed to have:

full

You can see some of the reinforcement applied inside to hold it into place. Another view from a different angle; the white is Gator Grip Glue applied to reinforce the extra thin CA glue that was used to keep the rear part in place:

full

What an ordeal that was, and it's not over......

Meanwhile, work on the forward part of the main deck was done while waiting for the rear cabin walls to dry. First, the boilers were installed:

full

Later the boiler walls and wood piles were cemented in place, along with the catwalk around the boilers:

full

The remaining main deck braces were added next:

full

And that completes this short tour of Maddog Manufacturing on this Christmas day! Thank you all for looking in, comments are welcome!

Back