• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Model Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles.Update 4/30/19

Re: Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles

Absolutely fantastic. And my favourite car, the Jag (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

James

Thanks James, can you remember when gas stations actually looked like that? I can and I built this from memory of one near my boyhood home.

Bob

Truly talented... but I do remember the CHiPs and Traffic Stop scenes from the Verlinden magazines so the talent is not new to me. Those kits would still hold up in a competition!

;)

Regards,

Thanks Saul,

They both were previously posted on my forum but I moved them there to be with all the other cars.

Bob

*sigh* i just wish they would still build the cars like the two mercedes-benz! that was style!

spectacular works bob! you never cease to amaze me!

Thanks Laura,

You and me both. They don't build cars like that anymore. Both a hot rod and a work of art!

As my dad used to say, Ahhh, the good ole days!

Bob

Very nice!! Some of those I had not seen. Really great stuff.

Terry (y)

Yes I can remember gas stations like that. I also remember the guys running out and doing the tires, windshields and oil. Oh and 15 cents a gallon gas. Man that was a while back.

James

Yes I can remember gas stations like that. I also remember the guys running out and doing the tires, windshields and oil. Oh and 15 cents a gallon gas. Man that was a while back.

James

Yeah, and they all had starched uniforms with the military peaked hats with a ; "Good afternoon sir, how may I help you!" They actually put in the gas and there were warning signs about not trying to do that yourself. It was very dangerous! My, how times have changed!

Now they can't even give you directions as they are mostly from Pakistan or Yemen! "Soddy, I dough't no"! Whenever we got lost when I was a kid, pull into the nearest filling station. They could give you directions to Moscow via the Bering Strait!

It was like that when I went into the army in '58. When I got out in '62, there were a few left, but they vanished over the next few years. Thinking back on it, it almost seemed like a Saturday Night Live segment!

Bob

A Pocher Ferrari Testarossa Finished, June 13th

Bob Jr. As long as you're watching, pass the popcorn!

Dad.

BoB ,

WoW ! That's a Huge Rod ... :blush: I mean Huge Hot Rod :D

I bet that's an Awesome size to work in ! Now ... Ya got Me thinkin' ... I was trying to find some stuff for th Tamiya 1/24th scale VW Karmin Ghia or Their Bug .... After lookin at this ... I might have to get th recently re-Issued 1/6( ? ) scale General Lee !!

Yeah .. I'm lookin' forward to this Build !!

ERIK

Erik, don't give away my secrets! There may be women around and I'm too old to handle that all over again! :D :D :D

Bob

Oh boy, is this gonna be great!!!!

Flounder.jpg

(y)

Thanks Mike,

I wish I was as confident about that as you are!

Bob

Very cool Bob!!!

(y)

The kit is! Not that sure about the build though!

Bob

This will be interesting to watch. I will keep an eye on this build.

Joe

Hey Joe, how about you build it and I'll keep an eye on something else! :D :D

Bob

:woohoo:
DAMN that is LARGE.

Yeah Dave, Erik just mentioned that! :D

Bob

what a huge model kit! i ask myself if the ferrari will go VROOOOOOM after completion! in any case there's enough space to wire up for some funky lighting :mpup

Hey Laura,

Glad you made it clear you were describing the model kit! (y)

Let's see, with one of those miniature digital recorders, Varooooooom is in the realm of possibilities! :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm

Bob

Testarossa... um, where's the redhead? At least you did not do the Miami Vice white one...

:D

Regards,

Seeing some liked the Jag, I pulled all of the old batteries out, 10 of 'em, all 9 volt! The last time I put new batteries in this was when VLS was in Ofallon, before the split in '99. The headlights still worked! Everything worked perfectly, dash lights, head and tail lights, brake lights and turn signals. The horn worked too but sounded a little weird, probably because I had used a miniature speaker and the nine volt battery made it beep. Probably the speaker is about gone. I can't even remember where I hid it. :woohoo:

Time lapse photography catches the turn signals and flashing lights on the dash, but, of course, you can't see them blinking!

Here they are;

[
nite01.jpg

nite02.jpg

nite03.jpg

nite04.jpg

If I was building this today, I would use a transformer and a wire with a plug. Back then I was taking it to shows where finding an outlet was difficult if your category was in the middle of the model room!

Bob

Re: Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles update July 11, 11

Absolutely amazing Jag!!! (y) :notworthy

All the best! :)
Dusan.

Bob, I could do that but then you might end up with it painted OD and called "Fast-Recon" :D

Joe

Re: Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles update July 11, 11

Well, it was cool in it's day! I just remembered. When I built this, the big deal at the time was black ink in all the lower grooves. That was the cutting edge then! Don't laugh, we are still exploring the new frontiers! :D

Gosh, I remember selling these Pocher kits. We'd order them specially for customers as they were pretty pricey. I believe Pocher closed up shop in 2003 after 33 years in business?

I still can't believe they released a Testarossa in black :gogo ;)

So, Bob... a yellow finish? Does that make it a "testa gialla"? Perhaps a "bionda"? ;) :cheer:

Gosh, I remember selling these Pocher kits. We'd order them specially for customers as they were pretty pricey. I believe Pocher closed up shop in 2003 after 33 years in business?

I still can't believe they released a Testarossa in black :gogo ;)

So, Bob... a yellow finish? Does that make it a "testa gialla"? Perhaps a "bionda"? ;) :cheer:

Hey Rudi!

Yeah, something like that. I have seen yellow ones on the street, never black, and once in L.A. I saw a purple one. That was like sacrilegious or something. Of course red is the traditional Ferrari color. Actually, The Testerossa is my least favorite body style of Ferraris and I like Lamborghinis better, always have! But I had this one, so... Testerossa it will be!

I understand the Pocher kits are now going for big bucks on the web.

Wow a Ferrari! If you don't like Ferraris you need to check into the ER because your heart is not beating. You know they are rolling art not really cars. Cool project!

Yep, they are! I just prefer the other models like the F 40 and the 308, to the Testerossa and... I have always liked the Lamgorghinis, like the Diablo, Gallardo and the Avantador!

Enzo made some fantastic cars, I just prefer Lamborghini!

Let's face it, who of can afford either?

Back