• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Modelers Alliance World Cup

Well, I was looking forward to our epic builds but nothing is stopping me from from doing an epic build of my own.

One concern that I see with the World Cup is that by a huge margin armor and aircraft dominate our builds. The other teams may end up with limited participation.

There will be only one entry from each team in for the World Cup final. One representing Armor, one for Aircraft, one Car and so on. You can have a team of one if no one else signs up on the team.

@Mark, it's not judging, its voting. Don't apply rules to yourself that others are not doing. Also you can only join one team per round (if I read this correctly Terry).

A suggestion, most figures will require a base unless you're modelling a Brazilian footballer, ie. they will fall over without proper support.

Cheers,
Rich

Well, I was looking forward to our epic builds but nothing is stopping me from from doing an epic build of my own.

One concern that I see with the World Cup is that by a huge margin armor and aircraft dominate our builds. The other teams may end up with limited participation.

There will be only one entry from each team in for the World Cup final. One representing Armor, one for Aircraft, one Car and so on. You can have a team of one if no one else signs up on the team.

@Mark, it's not judging, its voting. Don't apply rules to yourself that others are not doing. Also you can only join one team per round (if I read this correctly Terry).

Yes you may only participate on one team not multiple teams. Yes it's voting; how you decide what to vote for is your own affair as long as it's not you own model.

A suggestion, most figures will require a base unless you're modelling a Brazilian footballer, ie. they will fall over without proper support.

Cheers,
Rich

I agree figures need a base, but no landscaping.

B)

My bad: I used the wrong word. Yes,. I would only Vote for models I did not build.

Okay, one team per round: got it. This way I can rotate. Although, allowing participation on multiple teams might jump the team sizes up.....

Naw, stupid idea. Disregard.

h69931e4.png

Cheers,
Rich

So I split this off on another thread.

This will take a bit of planning.

First I"ll create a forum with the subforums.

[ul]
[li]Modelers Alliance World Cup[/li]
[ol][li]Armor [/li]
[li]Aircraft[/li]
[li]Ships[/li]
[li]Auto[/li]
[li]Figures[/li]
[li]Science Fiction[/li]
[/ol]
[/ul]
I'll start a thread in each on and you sign up on that thread.

Once the builds are done we'll have the voting done in the top level forum.

We'll start Aug 1 right?

Just like FIFA, corruption, bribery and scandal. Armor gets two forums so we already know who's going to win. :hmmm

Cheers,
Rich

So Mr.Wilsford, do you think I could actually finish something in 6 months :frantic ? Let me see.......should I join the armour team.....or the armour team :hmmm .... :drunk
:drinks

Just like FIFA, corruption, bribery and scandal. Armor gets two forums so we already know who's going to win. :hmmm

Cheers,
Rich

Bribes are payable through the Paypal link.... :Hiay

Remember guys, you get what you pay for here. :stinker

So I split this off on another thread.

This will take a bit of planning.

First I"ll create a forum with the subforums.

[ul]
[li]Modelers Alliance World Cup[/li]
[ol][li]Armor [/li]
[li]Aircraft[/li]
[li]Ships[/li]
[li]Auto[/li]
[li]Figures[/li]
[li]Science Fiction[/li]
[/ol]
[/ul]
I'll start a thread in each on and you sign up on that thread.

Once the builds are done we'll have the voting done in the top level forum.

We'll start Aug 1 right?

Remember NO wip threads. I don't think anyone should know what the team members are working on. Only that they have joined the team. If the team members want to talk to one another they should do it via PM. Let's build some excitement among the rank and file by surprising them at the end with what is built.

B)

So Mr.Wilsford, do you think I could actually finish something in 6 months :frantic ? Let me see.......should I join the armour team.....or the armour team :hmmm .... :drunk
:drinks

Highly doubtful but you are still my friend. :drinks :drinks

Back