• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pantherturm

ErnieS

This is the first armor piece I have worked on in about 5 years. This is mostly just to refresh some scratchbuilding skills and try out new painting techniques that have arisen since the last time I did armor. The turret is the "Ostwallen" type turret built specifically for these instillations with a simplified hatch and thicker turret roof. The thicker roof and hatch arrangement was scratchbuilt, as was the top of the casement the turret sits on. The Panzer Tracts book was used for the modifications and the base was scaled from the dimensions given in the Tech Intel book. I am still playing around with the weathering of the turret. I wanted to show a fairly new instillation with fresh rust on the lifting hoops and light dirt overall, with the top of the casement unpainted with a worn rust apperance, but not rusted out. Kind of like manhole covers that are oxidized but not overly rusted because they are driven / walked on etc. every day, hope that makes sense.

009.JPG

005.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

012.JPG

I know the pictures are kind of crappy, they were just done quickly. I am still playing around with the weathering on this, and will take some more pics when I am happier with the result, and the turret has been attached to the casement.
Ernie

Back