• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzerjager Triebwagen Interior

Ruben Lopez

Hi everyone!
Recently I ordered this model:
Triebwagen.jpg

And as you may know, it is completely empty on the inside apart from the turrets. So I decided to make an interior for it because it has those doors that you can leave open but if you don’t have nothing to show on the inside what’s the use?

This interior is based on pure guess work as there are no interior photos of this vehicle that I know of. If anyone knows of some reference material please let me know!

First I cut the floor. (Or half of it as the other half won’t be seen thru the hatches.) This will be covered with anti skid PE plates.
100_0018.jpg

The turret floor sits about 10mm above the floor so I did a little octagonal cabinet underneath. This serves two purposes; to store small ammo boxes, like the one under the Flak of the Gepard, and it would also contain the electrical connector that supplies power to the turrets. I made 6 doors since the space at the sides would be limited by the other ammo racks.
100_0019.jpg

Next, the ammo racks for the main guns were made. Here you can see them in place.
100_0025.jpg

And here you can see how it should look thru the hatches.
100_0027.jpg

100_0029.jpg

Much better than seeing and empty space, don’t you think? :laugh:

I still need to make a raised floor for the middle of the wagon and the commander station.

Thanks for viewing and let me know what you think.
Ruben

It looks great!

Some have pointed out that the turrets are too tall, do you plan to correct them or leave them be? After all the work you have been doing scratch-building, I am curious. I thought of a simple way to correct mine (I should try it) and am willing to share the method if you want to try it as well.

Regards,

Hello guys.

Saul and Mike, thanks for the input.

Saul, the issue of the turret got me thinking so I asked Din to lend me his Triebwagen Vol. !, the one in the review, so I could compare the turrets, and to my relief my turrets are different.
100_0053.jpg

To the left is the turret of Din’s Triebwagen and to the right is my turret. As you can see my turret is lower than Din’s so I don’t have to modify it. Thank God!

Continuing with the floor I added the anti skid plates and made the raised floor for the center area.
Here are the parts:
100_0115.jpg

And here is everything in place:
100_0114.jpg

Another thing I decided to make was the chair for the spotter.
100_0116.jpg

Here you can see it in place:
100_0118.jpg

You can also see the latches for the ammo bins under the floor of the center section.

And here it is in its final position in the car.
100_0117.jpg

By the way, the whole floor need to be risen so it can be in its proper place so I used two pieces of 1/8 square tubing to rise it.
100_0113.jpg

Next, the insides of the doors receive some attention.
Thanks for viewing.
Ruben

Saul, the issue of the turret got me thinking so I asked Din to lend me his Triebwagen Vol. !, the one in the review, so I could compare the turrets, and to my relief my turrets are different.

Excellent news indeed! I guess Trumpeter does update their kits and never toots their horn about it. However, Din will need the help when it is time to build his...

Regards,

Thanks guys. I'm just trying to do something different and not the same Diorama with all the doors close due to the lack of interior.

Ruben

Back