• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Renault FT17

Tim A.

The Renault FT17 is my favorite piece of military armour here's my example

Tim

picture_098_20100629_1355834153.jpg

Really nice! Which kit is it? Any extra detailing (my RPM kit does not look so nice out of the box).

Regards,

Thats awesome. Nice groundwork and the mud on the tracks is very well done.
As Saul asked, which kit is that?
James

Thank you so much for the compliments.
This is the RPM kit with some PE. I scratched the muffler and did some other minor fixups. The ground was done using sifted real dirt mixed with gloss varnish to create the mud. Once dry it's hard as a rock.

Tim

picture_095_20100629_2092895761.jpg

moon puppy wrote:
How long does that mixture give you to work with it?

The oil based will allow plenty of time for working, it has to dry over night That is what I used.

Tim

That looks more like Indiana dirt than that stuff they call dirt down here. :lol: Very nice work, Tim! (y)

nice looking little piece of armour that ! perfect example of early tank design and it looks so heavy!

Iron Mike wrote:
That looks more like Indiana dirt than that stuff they call dirt down here. :lol: Very nice work, Tim! (y)

It is Mike! it was built there and when we moved I got me a coffee can full for reserve as the red dirt down here might not work.

Tim

Thanks Jon
The Ropkey Armour Museum in Crawfordsville IN. Has a restored example in it's collection and standing next to one you realize how tiny they were.

Tim

Very nice work, Tim, especially on what many consider a rough kit. An FT-17 is definitely on my to-do list, and yours came out looking very nice!

David

Back