• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/72 Ho 229

I'll be throwing paint on it later today. The canopy was a little too narrow so it took some effort to smooth out. Landing gearing and everything is all painted and ready to go. Plenty of time... :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen

:D :D :D and out of no where it comes :coolio

I need to put one of these boomerangs on my build list . Looks like a nice kit :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Christian, it is a nice kit with decent detail but I found it a bit fiddly to get the wings lined up with the fuselage.

Just a quick sneak peak with the phone camera for tonight after a fairly lengthy paint session. Whatdoya think???

Model Master rlm 75 grayviolet with rlm 82 (or is it 81?) Dunkelgrun and then some tamiya red brown that was darkened up a bit.

IMG_20150122_233430605_zps8f6dff4f.jpg

Christian, it is a nice kit with decent detail but I found it a bit fiddly to get the wings lined up with the fuselage.

Just a quick sneak peak with the phone camera for tonight after a fairly lengthy paint session. Whatdoya think???

Model Master rlm 75 grayviolet with rlm 82 (or is it 81?) Dunkelgrun and then some tamiya red brown that was darkened up a bit.

IMG_20150122_233430605_zps8f6dff4f.jpg

I had heard before that it is a nice kit.

I think it looks really nice . Dark intriguing colors. :coolio

I have no clue how I will paint mine yet .

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking forward to more pictures

Spent all morning with the airbrush on this thing and I am finally happy with the way it looks. Gloss coat is on and I'll start on the decals tomorrow.

07HO229_zps8bd59b29.jpg

08HO229_zps31dae0cf.jpg

Thanks fellas. Decals are on, landing gear and fiddly bits are on, just needs some paint touch ups, a little weathering and a dull coat to wrap it up. Should post some final pics tomorrow if all goes well.

09HO229~0.jpg

10HO229~0.jpg

11HO229~0.jpg

Tried posting my photos to the MA gallery for the first time instead of photobucket! I like it! (y) (y)

Looks tops Dave well done (y) (y)

Tried posting my photos to the MA gallery for the first time instead of photobucket! I like it! (y) (y)

Nice!! 1200 x 900 photo view - love it

just tried a test myself - finished build photo's going to the MA gallery from now on (y)

Great looking build and great news about the gallery...too bad it may be going away after next software update.... :bang head :bang head :bang head

Long story, will explain later. Not going to do anything till I have a plan. :frantic

Back