• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/72 Lancaster

A really nice kit from Revell, not sure how it compares with the Airfix one but I enjoyed the build. A few fit problems with the engine nacelles but nothing too onerous. I've been subsequently informed that I used the wrong (taller) blister on the canopy, but oh well. Decals are from Xtradecals with my own reprinted nose art.

1K_0155.jpg

1K_0148.jpg

1K_IMG_0158.jpg

1K_IMG_0161.jpg

1K_IMG_0176.jpg

You certainly never disappoint. B)

Your builds are always so crisp, but the panel lines are remarkable, at least to an AC novice like myself.

If I may, do you rescribed? And what type of wash do you use on the lines? I'm assuming oil.

Nicely made kit but even nicer photography. Very well lit and good angles and eye level shots. (y)

Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate the kind comments.

Your builds are always so crisp, but the panel lines are remarkable, at least to an AC novice like myself.

If I may, do you rescribed? And what type of wash do you use on the lines? I'm assuming oil.

Thanks! I do re-scribe if the kit has raised panel lines, but on this kit they were all nicely recessed. I sometimes use oils as a wash but used watercolor on the Lanc. No particular reason other than that they dry a bit quicker. The model needs a good gloss finish for whichever method.

Back