• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Roden Opel 3.6-47 DAK Omnibus Kubel Paint 3/5/22

Roden Opel 3.6-47 DAK Omnibus

As promised, the Panzer Art set!

Kit tires, OK for car models, junk for military use!

hd987ac1.JPG

h539fc22.JPG

Panzer Art to the rescue!

hb373912.JPG

h4280cfb.JPG

h657b40b.JPG

:eek:hyeah Can you see the improvement?

Much more to come, thanks for dropping in.

:drinks

Hi Mike! was wondering about this build, did you finish it? I also have a bus but mine is from Ironside
it is a multimedia kit with white metal, plastic, resin and photoeched parts. its was started before my Dora
arrived, it is waiting in line to be finished.

thanks Abdin!

Thank you, Abdin and Luiz! This project got shuffled off the bench and hasn't made it back yet. I'm still planning to finish it in the not so distant future. Thanks for checking up on me. :mpup

Hack, cough, wheeze! There's enough dust on this old bone to make a nice diorama! It's a cold, rainy afternoon and I needed something to build while my Jagdpanzer is drying. Picking up where I left off, I decided to add armor plates over the windows, effectively making the interior invisible.

Here's what the afternoon yielded...

h0e06b3d.JPG

haddcd6a.JPG

I cleaned a bunch of the parts so I can begin assembly. Hopefully, I won't be as long between updates this time. Thanks for coming by!

Hey , glad to see this one back :good: Certainly simplified the interior :rotf Might need some slots for defensive purposes .

Cheers, Christian B)

Roden Opel 3.6-47 DAK Omnibus Update 12-22-19

I was hoping to see you take a poke at the bus again soon. Not everybody builds such a thing!
Weinachtenferien (Christmas Vacation) Wehrmacht Autobus?

Hmmm...pickin' up old stuff huh? Might be catchin'. :popcorn

Looking great so far. I built one of those in 1/72 scale some time back so I know what you're going through...somewhat. Looking forward to seeing more.

Really glad to see you back at this one Mike!

I like the subject and think it will really be something different

Work your mojo on this and get her built!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Kool subject this one is... :good:
So is the idea for covering the windows to make it into a different variant such as an ambulance bus...thingy? :hmmm
:v

Been waiting at the bus stop. Are the wheels on the bus and do they go round and round.

:rotf

The chassis and interior are painted gray...

That Jagdpanzer derailed me. :laugh:

I've got some ideas on where I want to go with it, just need to finish up a couple projects so I can bring it back to the bench. B)

Roden Opel 3.6-47 DAK Omnibus Update 1-26-2020

As requested, it's back to the bus for me. :laugh: I piddled with this yesterday while waiting for paint to dry and then again today.

The tires and wheels were black primed, then painted with AK Real Colors Rubber Black. I broke out the circle template to paint the wheels Vallejo RAL8020 after a coat of Tamiya German Gray. The dirt is Ammo Of Mig Nature Effects 1751 Dry Steppe thinned with odorless paint thinner.

h4a6babb.JPG

I had painted the undercarriage with Tamiya German Gray a couple weeks ago and had decided I wasn't going to show any engine detail, so I wasn't sure I would do much to the chassis either. I had so much fun doing the wheels, of course the chassis was next. :laugh: Break out the Nature Effects!

hc9e3573.JPG

I used some old Mig Productions Oil and Grease in spots like the U joints and differential, followed bu Fresh Engine Oil by Ammo on the engine and springs. Take a good look, because they are going to be covered up! :rotf

h562cdda.JPG

he97300d.JPG

h3cd75dd.JPG

Resin tires and wheels add a lot of detail, but they are sort of a pain in the neck to mount. I used my tweezers to adjust the height and slid the wheel on the brake drum with a liberal dose of CA to hold it.

hf4c313d.JPG

When the third wheel was dry, it was a pretty easy matter to get the alignment right.

he78d60c.JPG

h82aa8a1.JPG

What I especially like about the Ammo Nature Effects is you can thin them, apply with a brush, then once dry, brush away areas you want uncovered with a stiff brush. It leaves a cool dusty effect.

h0df3cf5.JPG

So we're up on wheels and have a gazillion seats painted (that also won't be seen :gogo ). Maybe next weekend we can make him look like a bus? Thanks for coming by!

Back