• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SCHNELLBOOT S-100

My friends James, Yago,Saul, Mike, Nerding, Moon Puppy, Bod, Luiz, Sharkman, MrT, Dusan and Randy thanks a lot!
Im finishing another set of photos and will be posting it soon, keep watching

Abdin :Hiay

Hi my friends! More work on the pieces that needed some details of the boat, I’m getting
Close to finish the scratch work and start painting the beast. Continuing with the bridge area
This is the latest work

The radar antennas received the last details; two pieces of round styrene are used as supports
For the antenna mast, I used two PH pieces at the end where it attach to the map room roof to give it more detail
m9z2O72.jpg

VMsDUtq.jpg

iO7NsSO.jpg

With the radar antennas finished I moved to make the radio antenna to the right of the map room, using
a spare antenna from the parts box I removed the top and replaced it with a piece of .040 x 55mm long
brass rod. At the bottom a piece of .060 x 9mm round styrene rod is glued to make the antenna body.
Then a piece of .010x 2.5mm long styrene tube is glued to it.
uKzBIvu.jpg

wUMhVaR.jpg

After cutting the plastic antenna I drilled a hole for the new one
UavloVW.jpg

Ov1aUfh.jpg

Now to make the holder for the antenna, cut a piece of .025 styrene 3 x 3.5mm and 8 pieces of rod .025 x 1.5mm
long, this are then glued to each corner on both sides.
Ih5eVF5.jpg

The holder is glued to the antenna
uAR9Hh6.jpg

Now cut 4 pieces of PH carrier 3mm long x1mm wide
t612RwC.jpg

Glue two on each side, finish with brass bolt heads and wing nuts on both sides
eKeYRnt.jpg

Here is the finished antenna installed, a piece of fine solder wire is used as the cable
jxmxTJT.jpg

kQqU3Kk.jpg

With all the antennas done its time to make the catwalk for the rear of the map room, this are
Apparently made by the crew, after studying the available photos it was constructed using
4 strips of .020 styrene 38mm long by 3.25mm wide
PzuCIrj.jpg

Shorter pieces of the same plastic serve as the mounts for the catwalk
VfLTpuo.jpg

uVGmiiq.jpg

It looks like this installed
5FooaTG.jpg

sOv2Hb2.jpg

Now the wheelhouse radio is made using parts from the Dragon German communication center kit #3826
BXhCk3Y.jpg

Use the parts from radio E in step 5
ksdEiPq.jpg

kCiZqy6.jpg

dhppsrK.jpg

Use parts E14, E20 and E15 and glue it as per instructions, now take part E9 and sand to match E14 size. Glue
E9 to E14 side by side. Remove the lower shelf and make a piece for the rear and the top of the radio
AyXu4Yd.jpg

oRG5JoK.jpg

xrJ7Es6.jpg

Now using styrene sheet make the new storage shelves
La2EXFu.jpg

After the shelves are finished I removed all the details from the original radio and made the new details using styrene pieces to make it look more like the one used on the boats
GoB9Ds0.jpg

2QCNoDR.jpg

AxaoMuY.jpg

Finally I used some PH spares to make the last details on the radio
3Bx99RK.jpg

Jm72iBh.jpg

aOM2CRS.jpg

wu4E5cM.jpg

And the original radio comparison
8IOh0f7.jpg

I’m working on the wheelhouse clock and Dragon dingy and some small details so more soon
Thanks
Abdin

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy Awesome scratch art!!! so looking forward to see you start painting this (almost a shame to hide all that work with paint though) (y)
//Mats

Continuing with the detailing is now the turn for the wheelhouse clock, to make it I used two
Pieces of round tube. One 8mm x 2.5mm long and one 7mm x1.5mm long
kLQWzOC.jpg

This are glued together
vSg9gxs.jpg

Then a styrene strip of 1.5mm was glued to the smaller end.
WuktkUq.jpg

I did a scan of one of the original clock and reduced it to about 6.4mm diameter
YqwoqFY.jpg

The details of the hinge and door lock are done now
5KZfypi.jpg

Here the completed clock, the glass is made with clear styrene and a piece of PH from the Edward detail set is used as the frame for the glass.
k8FMSMQ.jpg

fONUVxu.jpg

The finished and painted clock, it is the first part of the boat to receive paint!
NG8p360.jpg

The original clock
q4AdtEF.jpg

h0r6Rlv.jpg

RBWTnI0.jpg

Now the center compass received a couple more details, the rectangular box on its side
Is supposed to be an access door. So I corrected the shape to look more like the original
qvZ41Ej.jpg

The area is sanded down in a round shape
7b1H52E.jpg

With bits of styrene I created the door hinge
6kPPoXP.jpg

LoxHOJB.jpg

ExZGOh3.jpg

Finally the door knob is made and glued in place
YBoG4tU.jpg

Now it looks like the original
jCsw6Uf.jpg

Now is the dingy turn for some detailing, I used the dingy from dragons kit #6076
UfmBo1L.jpg

After assembling it, all the details are sanded off leaving only the tie downs for the main rope around the dingy.
LsCMTat.jpg

The gaps around the bottom piece are filled and sanded smooth
gw7yl1X.jpg

The new bases for the oars are constructed with styrene; also 3 seats are made also from styrene
H3BdB4U.jpg

6DoJksd.jpg

Here it is finished just awaiting paint and the rope around it
nQqOI7G.jpg

rSVRaKm.jpg

Now the back light gets a new stand tube and base, in the instructions it is glued to the back wall of the hatch cover, but in reality it goes behind the wall on the floor. I cut the small tube and replaced it with a new one measuring .050x16.5mm long. The base is a 3mm dia. styrene disk
3upwuIr.jpg

Here the locating slot is filled with a piece of styrene; the real light goes behind this wall bolted to the floor
9v7hFO5.jpg

Here is its new location
Mm5ysh4.jpg

OsRnJob.jpg

That’s all for now, it seems I will be scratch building the mines too as I can’t find any of the resin ones on the net.
Moore soon and thanks for watching!
Abdin

Hello to all my friends finally got the time to do another update on the schnellboot build. I have being
Looking for a set of cammett mines for a while now with no results, so I set to make my own set. Just when I finished the first mine I came across a big lot of parts for the schnellboot on ebay and there Was the cammett mines. This will make things easier and now I have more time to focus on painting Still I added missing details from the cammett mines , so here is what it’s being done till now.
The cammett mines, very nice detail on it as it comes
n8T71vT.jpg

NnbHYPq.jpg

Before I began assembling the mines I made a resin mold of it as I wanted to have 6 mines on my boat
and the cammett set comes with only 4, here is the mine cart and complete mine with the original
h7pRD6v.jpg

ko8510A.jpg

duZ9Sw2.jpg

I needed to make some of the parts from scratch like the PE hooks, lift eyes and other pieces. I started
by the hooks used to keep the mine secured on top of the cart
A piece of styrene of 2mm wide is cut
KapJjrk.jpg

Next one corner is made round
op3z5Tl.jpg

The other side is sanded to shape with a semi round file
lvFFFBb.jpg

Now it is cut to 2mm long
3ODoHch.jpg

Finally a small disk of is cut to make the base of the hook, I replaced all the hooks on all the mines 18 in total
atPbzV4.jpg

Comparison with original PE hook
4T4w2si.jpg

The extra lift eyes needed are made, measuring 2.5mm wide by 3mm tall and all are replaced with the
plastic ones
9arNTM0.jpg

yCEwNae.jpg

Here the hooks are glued in place; it needs to align with the mine support on each side
OnZ0EKx.jpg

BWvzX3u.jpg

Now the mine cart received handles made with cooper wire and the lift eyelets on its sides
BWvzX3u.jpg

22 plastic reinforcement’s triangles are made for the guard’s plates to be used on the 2 extra carts each
Is 5mm long by 1mm tall
RZhHbNx.jpg

The triangles mounted on the spare PE guards from the cammett kit (4 spares are included)
VV0tGEi.jpg

aSmNwcZ.jpg

A small disk 2mm diameter is drilled to the cable diameter and glued to the cart where the lower cable
comes out
RRip60P.jpg

axeEPSf.jpg

With cooper wire of .04 diameter I constructed the cables for the mines, 3 strands are twisted together
Then the end is bend to shape
00um27Y.jpg

1QCnsR5.jpg

The release linkage has to be scratch build as the PE one in the kit is a …... the original is cut in
two parts Each about 5mm long
EYnX1ij.jpg

A piece of small chain is attached to it
m0dGXvL.jpg
\
i2sfh8D.jpg

The cable drum is attached and a piece of .040 cable glued to the back of the drum
jxi5yLW.jpg

After drilling the hole, glue the pin with the chain in place
3Rp8COj.jpg

Glue the cooper cable on the lower hole
Emtxw73.jpg

Pass the drum cable trough the chain and lower cable and connect it to the front of the weight, you need to make the drill on it first.
rpyeSzx.jpg

3WuQrMj.jpg

To make the shackles for the mine main cable I used 0.85 diameter soldering wire
CtHggBF.jpg

Pass the shackle trough the loop of the main cable on top of the cart and glue it in place
SBvXdug.jpg

To make the mine release rod I used two chain links and cooper wire soldered together , then used a piece of 0.40 hex rod to form the complete part
XXqnSFa.jpg

XGRXXH6.jpg

Using the same cooper wire, bend it in a hook shape and then flatten it, the final length is 5mm long
rXfuRmS.jpg

BznUsXK.jpg

DQCeUVb.jpg

The third hook is glued just above the solder line on the mine, not where the cammett instructions tell
You to.
RTw1INB.jpg

With cooper wire make the two securing wires that hold the mine to the cart
eFJBU7A.jpg

BkmouH9.jpg

Finally the release rod is installed in place, the cooper hook is glued to the pin with the chain, now It only needs paint..
BkmouH9.jpg

LPEvMNi.jpg

arrKkA9.jpg

2nj1qnF.jpg

The painting process of the boat has already began, the boat is painted in its basic colors and more to
paint, here are a couple of pictures
Had to photograph it outside as the work table is full of paints and parts, sorry about that
VABYiHb.jpg

SADjsBK.jpg

sz8GbwN.jpg

XWSaXH8.jpg

OQUYxLV.jpg

Thanks to all and sorry for the long delay
Abdin

Those mines are just amazing. Don't be sorry for any delays. It takes time to create a masterpiece like this.

Back