• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Syrian Pantsir S1

YIKE! These look like very Bad News for airplane drivers!
Very cool build so far!
Whaddya mean "For Work"? :hmmm

Maus and myself were building but he retired and moved to Edmonton so just my stuff on the shelf now. Here was the shelf a while ago.
https://modelersalliance.org/forum/modelers-lounge/153257-james-and-james-recce-shelf#299692
James

Okay a good even yesterday. I managed to get the missiles from one side done before my back gave out. Not thrilled with the pivot point and if I do another I'll maybe use brass rod. Will see if it comes to it.

h0089238.JPG

he508385.JPG

hf9cede0.JPG

I used seran wrap to wrap the guns and some tamiya tape to mask the other parts and seal the wrap.
James

Nice work James

It is a big truck Wow, your churning through the work. excellent effort.

Michael :coolio (y) (y)

Really torqued. I tried Mission Models primer again and buggered it up again. Last few pieces I did with a Tamiya rattle can. My buddy James sent me some Vallejo and MM paints but not even going to bother. Will try and find some Tamiya XF-59. Hopefully the work is not lost. But thats it for today. :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad

Really torqued. I tried Mission Models primer again and buggered it up again. Last few pieces I did with a Tamiya rattle can. My buddy James sent me some Vallejo and MM paints but not even going to bother. Will try and find some Tamiya XF-59. Hopefully the work is not lost. But thats it for today. :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad :vmad

Sorry to hear James. How are you thinning the Mission Models Paints? They seem to be a little temperamental but after some things i read and some trial and error, they seem to spray pretty good for me now.

Looks like for the primers the recommended thinning ration is 6:4 paint to thinner, using the mission models thinner. Then spray at 12 psi for details and thin coats or 20 psi for coverage coats. And remember they are acrylics, thin layers! :zen

HTH
Mike

Did it all. I must be the only person in the world they dont work for. 60:40, proper psi and thinner.Going to stay with Tamiya. At least it always works for me. Just dont have all the colours I want. Anyways spray the stuff I primed with the rattle can and see how it goes from there.
James

I feel your pain James! I've been playing around with MMP for about the last year. I got to where I can spray the paints and it comes out great, I really like the paints. Not so much there primer. I never got it to shoot "smoothly" with all kinds of ratios and pressure. MMP Primer seems to be more finicky so I quit using their primer and use a rattle can currently at the moment.

Good Luck and I'm looking forward to seeing how this all turns out.
:v

Chris and I ordered some AK Interactive Real Colors, he shot some as a test and was very impressed. He even did a test shot over bare plastic and it seems to really hold up. The color range on them is very wide too. Just sayin'...
:good:

Thanks guys. And I'll never use AK paints again. From my experience and taking to others they are the worst paints ever. Glad they are working for you.
Maybe you are onto something with the primer Erains. But to be safe Tamiya for this one.

Yes and no Chris. I have not been happy with any AK stuff at all. Maybe the new line is better but I think I'll stay with Tamiya.
James

Yes and no Chris. I have not been happy with any AK stuff at all. Maybe the new line is better but I think I'll stay with Tamiya.
James

James , I am not one to brag about AK products . but I can brag about a few of the things they have on the Market .

Their enamel washes have been good .

Their Xtreme metal paints ( Also enamel )are as good as what was said in the reviews .

I use Tamiyas and Gunze H as much as I can , the Gunze being the best of the two ( Acrylic Lacquer) whatever that is exactly )

The one I just posted are also Acrylic lacquers and my impression is that they are a bit better than either of the other two . Sprayed using Gunze Lacquer thinner and sprayed straight over plastic or Tamiya primmer.
Even mixed it with some Tamiya and it sprayed equally well . No dry tips, no boulders . :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Back