• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom Zeppelin kits

Takom is a China model company made famnous for their 1/35 subjects. Snowman Model makes a super-cool 1/700 Gearing class US Navy WWII Destroyer model kit.
Those Zeppelins should be very impressive!

Those look interesting, and they are in a scale that you can scrounge up all kinds of goodies to display them. The P type one is little over 18 inches long while the Q type is about 20 1/2 inches long. They would go well with some WW1 ships I would think.

Hey didn’t actor Jan Michael York make a movie in the 70’s about the Zeppelins?

Hey didn’t actor Jan Michael York make a movie in the 70’s about the Zeppelins?
I think you are correct there Bruce. The actor was Michael York not Jan Michael Vincent. There were 2 model Zeppelins built for the movie, an 8 ft and a 15ft. Based on LZ76 Zeppelin that was captured intact. The movie was released in 1971.
Zeppelin_(film).jpg

That is awesome. I do want a couple of them too.

I have a friend who got together with his brothers back when he was a teen and they all pitched in and built a 20 foot long Zeppelin by themselves.

They had working RC engines on it and their father acquired a tank of helium that they used to fly it. I got to see this in their 1970's era photographs they took when they did this.

Back