• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero (Zeke) IJN

Thanks so much everyone. Your comments made my day.

So I am almost ready. Must finish it by tomorrow, on Sunday we are leaving for a well-deserved, long-anticipated vacation in South America.
B) B) B) :drinks :drinks

I will only be back at my bench on Jan. 18th or thereafters, so I wanted to get this little bird ready beforehand.

Now the decals are on and most of the weathering is completed. Just a few more details (minimal) and she will be ready.

Thanks for looking. Enjoy your holidays!

Alex

h07c42ac.JPG

he41fbb9.JPG

h1d8469d.JPG

hcce5033.JPG

hfbd2e44.JPG

h80ced12.JPG

Way to go Alex, you've nailed this one! Congrats on getting it finished before your trip; it always feels good to head out knowing that you finished something. Have fun down South and be sure to take loads of pics and post them here later so we can all live vicariously through you.

Thanks again friends!

So I am calling it done. Here is one picture, the other ones I will post in the completed thread. As a comparison, the previous Zero. Heck even I agree that it is much better now.

Stay tuned for the next chapters. Coming up in January I am tackling the Pearl Harbour Badges... or will die trying!

Thanks again everyone, happy new year and see you in January.

Alex

h1450f6d.JPG

hbf90f11.JPG

h0d164da.JPG

Looks like a tremendous improvement! Well done! I believe both of these should be kept as a reminder of where you've been and where you're going. Way to go!

Thanks so much everyone! You have made my day(s) with for comments!

Now the next task is to face those pesky seam lines, hopefully with your help l will improve that too.

Next are an Aichi D3A1 and an F4F for the Pearl Harbour campaign and my favorite airplane the SM 79 Sparviero for the Torpedo campaign.

But, until then, sea, sun and caipirinhas!

Happy new year everyone!

Alex

This is from Frankfurt international parking lot...

h45ed4f2.jpeg

Back