• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/72 Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero (Zeke) IJN

I just found this and I've got to say after going through tnhe whole thing; you appear to have vastly improved your P/E application. Well done.

One thing to consider: if this one will be on a carrier, it does not need to be chipped. All of the chipping you see on other Japanese aircraft came from landing on coral runways where the coral flies up and chips the paint on the planes. Aircraft carriers don't have stuff like that. A little wear here and there, but no real chipping all over.

Thanks for the input. Christian has also made me aware of that. I guess I was eager to develop some new "techniques" and forgot myself in the process.
This will be a carrier-based too and so this time no chipping besides a few scratches (minimal) in access panels. I guess that indeed "less is better". I will post new pics during the week, I am on call during Christmas but I will try to get some work done.

Thanks again!

Alex

No problem Alex, I am sure you'll do a really excellent job on this next one. You are visibly improving before my very eyes. Keep going man!

So, friends, here it goes. The progress thus far.

I have used Mr. Color acrylic from Gunze. As you know, I cannot use an airbrush so this is all brush painting.

I am really happy. It is MUCH better, at least to my eyes. Minimal weathering, just a hint to accentuate the details. I think this is going to be a good one. See for yourselves.

Cheers

Alex

h4dcfc72.JPG

hc948b4a.JPG

hcdc2a19.JPG

hb64ed3f.JPG

h8199bc4.JPG

hf2b4bea.JPG

hf53e20b.JPG

he4979c9.JPG

h146240e.JPG

Here is the assembled cockpit:

hfd70655.JPG

hf0d4d6b.JPG

Wow! Spectacular work! I am really impressed with that cockpit. Great job on the blue Aotake color on the interior!

Thanks everyone! Your words are much appreciated.

So here is the development so far. This is after painting is completed, before main assembly:

h33d7a3d.JPG

h25fc356.JPG

h126fc23.JPG

And this is after main assembly, now ready for the decals and some minimal weathering afterwards:

h1d9bacd.JPG

h9391713.JPG

h9b19157.JPG

h67d75c1.JPG

h0be8c48.JPG

All in all, much better than the previous one, don't you think???

Maybe, just maybe, I am getting the hang of it :dude

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Alex

Looks very good Alex ... the decals should really bring it to life, congrats on a great job ... and Merry Christmas to You and Your Family ... :pilot :ro: :dude

Looking very nice Alex (y)

As always I see improvements . You are progressing very nicely .

Merry Christmas to you . Christian B)

Thanks everyone! Your words are much appreciated.

So here is the development so far. This is after painting is completed, before main assembly:

h33d7a3d.JPG

h25fc356.JPG

h126fc23.JPG

And this is after main assembly, now ready for the decals and some minimal weathering afterwards:

h1d9bacd.JPG

h9391713.JPG

h9b19157.JPG

h67d75c1.JPG

h0be8c48.JPG

All in all, much better than the previous one, don't you think???

Maybe, just maybe, I am getting the hang of it :dude

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Alex

Awesome!! (y) (y)

Very nice work Alex. You've really put the effort in to this build and it shows...

Ian.

Wow! Tremendous improvement! That is some amazing work! The decals will really make this pop! Can't wait to see more...

Back