• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Schwimmwagen 1/35...Update 10/17/14

Tamiya Schwimmwagen 1/35

I'm curious about your painting order, you did the grey and then stencils, then masked those and painted the rest. Why?

:popcorn

Tamiya Schwimmwagen 1/35

I'm curious about your painting order, you did the grey and then stencils, then masked those and painted the rest. Why?

There was a legit reason for it...I just can't remember at the moment.

I'll get back to you...

Tom

Tamiya Schwimmwagen 1/35...Update 09/22/14

Great painting job :good: ... Btw , love the video :drinks

Luiz

Tamiya Schwimmwagen 1/35

There was a legit reason for it...I just can't remember at the moment.

I'll get back to you...

Tom

Oh yeah, the shovel. Originally I was going to glue it on and paint it later and it covers
part of the stencil. Then I decided to leave it off and paint it separately.

Tom

Tamiya Schwimmwagen 1/35

Dang Tom,that does look great! (y) :notworthy
But it could use some mayo... ;)

Greetings,Ron.

Tamiya Schwimmwagen 1/35

Thanks Andy!

Hey Ron you may be onto something, I think it looks good,
but still could use a little...zing!

Tom

A quite nice looking job there Tom!! (y)

I have always enjoyed the old air cooled VW vehicles. Had plenty of them (the real ones) myself a number of years ago. I can atest that the more recent kits are much improved over the ones available back in the 70's. You have made yours look very realistic! :woohoo:

Thanks Paul!

I have a nostalgic soft spot for kits of the 70's, but give me a modern kit any day.

Tom

Thanks Gatto!

It's starting to get muddy now...

Tom

Hi Guys

Just a quick update, I wanted to add some stuff to the backseat of my schwimmwagen,
so I made a blanket out of Kneadatite and stuck a couple things under it, helmet and
mask cannister...

038-L.jpg

Now...how to paint it

Tom

Tamiya Schwimmwagen 1/35...Update 10/10/14

Beautiful Schwimm :coolio

All the best!
Dusan.

Tamiya Schwimmwagen 1/35...Update 10/10/14

It's looking good Tom. Nice and "lived in".
Keep it up.

Cheers,

Bill

Hi Guys

Just a quick update, I wanted to add some stuff to the backseat of my schwimmwagen,
so I made a blanket out of Kneadatite and stuck a couple things under it, helmet and
mask cannister...

038-L.jpg

Now...how to paint it

Tom

You could also say it's a folded Zeltbahn (tent quarter/poncho) in SS camo colors,it would bring some contrasting color to the grey vehicle.Just thinking out loud Tom. :hmmm

http://www.google.nl/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=NYnTKxsmo1df0M&tbnid=uBLXE9wAm5cplM:&ved=0CAMQjxw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.atthefrontshop.com%2FProductDetails.asp%3FProductCode%3DD32014DO&ei=An44VKOWIIy_PLDSgdgK&bvm=bv.77161500,d.ZWU&psig=AFQjCNHhEG4pF5nKy0rg44mXDW_FJCpShA&ust=1413074777283015

Greetings,Ron.

Back