• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Terry Labonte's '97 Chevy * * F I N I S H E D * *

Breakfast with 'Texas Terry'

Was kind of 'bad' this morning. Got the chores done by 1015, then out to 'Toyworld' to re-stock the paints, back-home, lunch and a 90min session at the bench...

...I should be working, but I'm so easily distracted :blush: .

Anyways, the result of 90mins bench-work. The axle, A-Frame and lower suspension parts are all sprayed satin black (Tamiya enamel). More importantly all the cushions/padding on the cage are all hand painted. I'll spray the fire-extinguisher bottle this evening if there's time (probably not), then on to building the thing !!

Back at my desk now. Work, work, work....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WolIS6PfJfQ

Ian.

Was kind of 'bad' this morning. Got the chores done by 1015, then out to 'Toyworld' to re-stock the paints, back-home, lunch and a 90min session at the bench...

...I should be working, but I'm so easily distracted :blush: .

Anyways, the result of 90mins bench-work. The axle, A-Frame and lower suspension parts are all sprayed satin black (Tamiya enamel). More importantly all the cushions/padding on the cage are all hand painted. I'll spray the fire-extinguisher bottle this evening if there's time (probably not), then on to building the thing !!

Back at my desk now. Work, work, work....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WolIS6PfJfQ

Ian.

(y) (y) (y) (y)

Patience you two.... all will be rewarded soon(ish).

:frantic

Ian.

.... :frantic - Feeling very pressured, here.

So last night, quite late-on, there was nothing worth watching on TV, so I masked the body-shell and shot some primer(s). Because I'm going to use yellow as both a base coat and a top coat I needed to use white primer for this one.

Prior to shooting the white I quickly blasted the nose with grey primer, just to fade-out the dark green filler.

h57e8bd1.JPG

hcda8136.JPG

I waited an hour or so for the surface of the grey primer to dry, then assaulted the plastic with Tamiya acrylic white primer straight from the can. And although I cannot prove it to you, even without snading or buffing, the finish is like glass.

h5dc51d2.JPG

h085dcf6.JPG

So today - between chores and work - I'll finish the block and hopefully get it mounted in the chassis and if time permits, I'll get the front suspension and steering rack fixed aswell.

AFN, thanks for stopping-by.

Ian.

Tamiya rattle cans are the coolest thing since plastic. Their primers are fabulous (y)

Never tried the Gunze primer but I'm willing to bet it is as good . :pilot

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks like the cereal's in the bowl ..... waiting on the milk & sugar ..... looking good Ian .... :eek:ldguy :skipper (y)

W A R N I N G - Industrial strength shades needed before proceeding :coolio

h032a73d.JPG

h205f47a.JPG

Tamiya TS-16 yellow as usual staight from the can, two light(ish) coats and shiny & smooth enough for decals just as it is.

Ian.

Leaving it until Friday so no updates before then. Thanks all for the positive comments, always appreciated.

Ian.

Back