• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Thanks James...

Tim A.

...I got the Sturm barrel liner today :mpup
The Sturm build is at a crawl now due to having to drill out the track guide centers, 100 links per side, thats :hmmm four hundred holes! :duh

If that wasn't punishment enough I'm also working on a really old Panther A at the same time. :gogo

Tim
000_1841_1_20100902_1020945505.jpg

000_1840_2_20100902_1909648752.jpg

Glad it arrived. Hopefully the post office didn't bend it. As for drills, that's a touchy subject at this moment in time.

James

jknaus wrote:
Glad it arrived. Hopefully the post office didn't bend it. As for drills, that's a touchy subject at this moment in time.

James

Thumb still throbbing? :pinch: I'm using the pinvise my dremel's slow speed ain't slow enough :angry:

Yeah, I like the Dremal cordless, the torque is so low you can stop it with a thumb...sorry James. :mpup

johnbowery wrote:
Tim,
Things go faster if you don't stop to count the holes. :laugh: :laugh:
Cheers
John

Hi John. Your right :lol: I started counting by 1's and switched to by 2's but it still aint any faster!

Tim

moon puppy wrote:
Yeah, I like the Dremal cordless, the torque is so low you can stop it with a thumb...sorry James. :mpup

What a JAB Moonpuppy :pp

I had an old Foredom Flexshaft with the foot pedal speed control. Like your cordless the low end was nice. Gosh I miss it...RIP

Tim

I've been smoking over getting that thing. Going to Greenville tomorrow, woodcraft store there. Making no promises.

moon puppy wrote:
I've been smoking over getting that thing. Going to Greenville tomorrow, woodcraft store there. Making no promises.

I had mine back in the '80's and it was a hand me down then, I don't know how old it was but if they are still making them with the same quality you'll love it. They are a whole different feel.

Tim

moon puppy wrote:
This doesn't help resisting the temptation

Think of it as an investment. The foot pedal control is worth the price of a regular Dremel B)

Tim

James, I got the liner installed today and it looks great! Would post a pic but no time, Patton 360 is about to come on the History channel.

Question, besides the tools and liner there is a longer piece on the sheet you sent. After studying it for a bit it looks like it could be the sling for lifting the mortor rounds?

Tim

hood wrote:
James, I got the liner installed today and it looks great! Would post a pic but no time, Patton 360 is about to come on the History channel.

Question, besides the tools and liner there is a longer piece on the sheet you sent. After studying it for a bit it looks like it could be the sling for lifting the mortor rounds?

Tim

SM3 is the band to go around the round when being hoisted and sm2 looks to be a sight.
James

Back