• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Armor in May

Mark, If you are going to the IPMS Nationals in Chattanooga, Could you do me a favor and see if you could pick me up one of those 1/72 V-100 kits, as long as its not too costly. Lmk if you can or not. I couldn't find one in the Squadron ads.

Dave

Frank thank you for the compliment. I'll be looking forward to seeing your V-100. I know it'll far outshine mine.

Dave, I'll keep my eyes peeled for one if I go, but ACE models are vastly underrepresented at the Nationals ever since Tankrat folded. He used to being an extensive selection of ACE models to the Nats. I could also just place an order for one the next time our Braille Scale Buyers club gets together for a mass order. You'll get a far better price for it for sure. I'll keep you posted.

Mark, Did you make it to the Nats in Chattanooga this year? If you did, did you enter anything, and how did you do. Did you get any pix of the entries? If so, can you post them for us to see. I would really like to get closer to where they have those shows, instead of up here in Dogpatch. Still hope you had a good time there.

Dave

Dave, I did make it to Chattanooga, driving across from Southern California because I brought my entire 750 piece armor collection to show on the display tables:

2019_IPMS_Nationals00005.jpg

I'm told it created quite the buzz, given that it was the largest collection of models shown.

In addition to that, I entered another 32 models in competition; 13 of them were my latest armor models. I did not place as competition was far beyond my ability to meet, but I did score a couple raffle prizes and a ton of extra kits in the vendors room. You can see my latest acquisitions in the "Latest Acquisitions" Thread, and you can see many of the models that were on the tables in the "All photos from Chattanooga posted." Thread, including mine near the end. Feel free to check out those Threads and see what was posted there. Paul and I; among others, posted many pics to see. I truly did have a blast! This was THE Nationals to attend and seeing so many of my friends from these Forums and others made this a most exciting and fulfilling trip!

I don't know where you live, but if you are anywhere near San Marcos Texas, that will be the next Nationals. I don't know if I'll make that one either, but the following year it is in Las Vegas and me attending that one is a surety. All I can say is, ask for the time off now and save your bills to see if you can come. They are truly an experience you need to experience!

Mark, they should have given you an award for the largest collection at a Nationals. I'm not sure about any of the future Nats, because we may be hauling anchor and going to Tenn. in a couple/few years. Maybe one of these days, we will get an eyeball on each other. Glad you had a good time.

Dave

To some degree I agree, considering I set a record for the second time in a row: most models brought to a Nationals. Still they were only display models, so I'm not worried. It was very rewarding seeing everything out on the tables again altogether; as well as all the reactions from everyone who saw it. That is even better for me.

Hey, if you move to Tennessee, you'll be much closer to the San Marcos Nationals in 2020, which would not be a hard rive or train ride to do. Who knows, maybe that will be the one.

Hey Dave, where in Tennessee are you planning to move? I live in the Memphis area, and there are some nice model clubs/groups in the middle area.

Mark, San Marcos will be a bit of a drive from Memphis, though it should be doable. I am also thinking that Omaha in 3 years is another possibility. We will just have to wait and see on that one.

Sounds like a plan Paul. We'll see what happens with my business before I make any commitments.

Dave, I strongly approve of Paul's suggestion to join up with a local club. Not only will your skills improve but you will be kept well informed about events like the Nationals and local competitions. Even though you might not ever compete; I highly recommend going to the comps anyway; it's always a thrill to see good friends at these events. Most importantly, you get to make some awesome friends with the same interests as you.

Thank you Bob! I just realized I hadn't finished anything since May; what with all the work and traveling I was doing. Man, I hope I can get back to the bench soon; I want to finish some more!

Back