• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

U.S. Army CCKW

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I'm In!
morethan6001.jpg

morethan6002.jpg

morethan6003.jpg

Someone tell me what the army name of this is and i'll change it.

coming out of box with some cargo stuff on the back. May try some miliput to make canvas cover or tarp. Good day to get started!

Re: U.S. Army 6X6

YEEE HAWWWW Cool!!!!!

Deuce and half is the name your looking for.

Terry B)

I was thinking it was GMCCW or something. Deuce and a half I knew.

OK so I'm already thinking about what aftermarket there is out there. so much for out of box...

It all depends on whether the GMC kit is long wheelbase (CCKW-353) or short wheelbase (CCKW-352). I believe the Tamiya kit is the former.

Regards,

It's a CCKW-352, I think..can't recall now.
Like this kit, got a lot done today. Going together quickly. Maybe because i'm not replacing everything with PE.
DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

James sent me this box o' resin a while back and I really wasn't sure what to do with it. It fits this chassis fine. Not sure if I'll use it on this one, I got another CCKW in the stash. I could trick the other one out nicely with all that resin.

I think i'll do this one out of box for the most part just to get it under my belt.

Oh cool. This should just fall to gether for you, compared to what you have done lately.

Jeff it really is falling together. Glad I'm doing this one right OOB so I can see how to do the next one better, looking at a couple of options for the hard top conversion.

I'm also thinking of doing OD a little different this time. Read in FSM mag the other month where someone did OD by doing a flat black base and building up light layers of yellow ochre to get OD. Figured if I screw it up, just paint it OD.... :D

Cargo bay is build, frame is build, debating if the dude will be driving or not. Maybe not. Also debating the level of detail in the engine or even if it's going to be exposed.

Pictures later.

Yes it is a sweet kit. I think a hard top version would be cool.

Terry B)

Nothing like that, this is just a OOB test build to actually get something accomplished.

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

This gear was some test shots i did painting OD like i described above. Paint it flat black and then wash with yellow ochre, or in this case, i washed with several different colors just playing around. Like I said, I could always just paint it OD if I screw it up.

Back