• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Universal Carrier MK I "Katie" - Riich Models 1/35

Hi Guys
news from Universal Carrier, the engine and radio are inside and the weathering is in end phase, now I'm working on tracks and bogies , but also the external tools.
Soon with new photos
mike

ns9dc.jpg

Awesome work Mike. Really love the worn look of the seats, and the rest looks great also. Very cool (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Hello guys
I mounted the bogies but they are very fragile and complicated to put in line, I had to create a guide for correct align them. After I have installed the tracks, are those of the kit, there are individual truck and segment of trucks. The detail is great but the operation is a little delicate. The sag is not the best but I think it's okay. Now the model is really very fragile, my sensation is a bit more difficult to mount those to the right of the train.
1175vdd.jpg

hello
mike

Looks great, but the tracks look like a pain to make. Very nicely done so far. What did you use as a guide for the bogies to align them?
James

Looks great, but the tracks look like a pain to make. Very nicely done so far. What did you use as a guide for the bogies to align them?
James

Hi James

you are right , the installation of second sector of trucks have been "hard", for every single trucks to mount , two trucks was dismount on another section...!!! To end I have block with plastic cement in some section and hard cement (cyano) in other section.

This is my little method for guide the bogies in correct position.

2q8buqd.jpg

Now I'm washing the tracks and bogies with Vallejo acrylic black because my precedent experience with white spirit and oils colours on little and delicate parts aren't positive.
We will see the results .....
bye
mike

Hi guys

I add new photo. First step is the preshading with black, when the paint is dry I have sprayed the two colours for british camouflage, the light mud and the blue-black , realized with tamiya colours. I use a Badger 150.
The lining with oils paint after the complete dry of last step. On the bogies and trucks I have used a lining with vallejo acrylic colours, because I have experience with the white spirit which was corrupted the most delicated styrene parts.

qzodn9.jpg

Now I spray a coat of Future for correct use of decals which I will apply tomorrow.

Stay tuned..

Hi guys

after a coat of Future, I have applied the decals present in the box. A second layer of Future to complete the decal step.

jv22y1.jpg

I have started the weathering phase, with enamel, oil and acrylic colours....

11se9vq.jpg

Bye bye
Mike

That looks really nice Mike!
A thoughtful presentation (photography) as well.
The misc. paint cans, paint tubes, and glue bottles, etc... really help me get a sense of reference for size of the model and the colors and weathering techniques that you are using. Much appreciated. Thanks for posting up.

Cheers,

Bill

Hi guys
I post photos of the provisional model, now in the final stage, lacking the external accessories and will be concluded.
The photos are not of good quality, the next will be better ...

2s622qg.jpg

o5s48x.jpg

Stay tuned

mike

Back