• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

YAK-3 From Russia with...

Hey Master

Somehow I lost track of this build. Amazing! What a Beauty! You have nailed the colour, the Details, the weathering.

Beautiful work. Can't wait for more.

Cheers

Alex

Hey Master

Somehow I lost track of this build. Amazing! What a Beauty! You have nailed the colour, the Details, the weathering.

Beautiful work. Can't wait for more.

Cheers

Alex

Thanks Alex . Just hit the subscribe button and it will no longer get lost.

Hope to get it moving shortly. Took care of a couple issues tonight . Perhaps I'll have time tomorrow to take care of some others.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi guys....Tired of arguing with the interior of the Stuka , so I though I would open the office here

yak-3_canopyy_001a.JPG

Tomorrow, I'll shoot another coat of flat and try some exhaust smoke

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Bob , Ausf , James , Mr T and Mike for checking on me .

I managed to get a bit of time at the bench this evening . Glad I had time to make that Chilly earlier as the snow has been flying for the last couple hours . It's almost like the Great White North here ... :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Meanwhile a few quick snaps

What do you think Mike . Looks better to me than what I can do with a brush.

Yak_bits_and_washes_001a.jpg

I did some bits of weathering tonight . Tried yet another wash with the exhaust and so far, I like it better than my other attempts .

Yak_bits_and_washes_002a.jpg

Hi Ausf . Those items in the wings are really old school stuff . The barber poles are landing gear down & locked indicator .
The circles in each wings are gas gauges .

Except for a flat coat on the doors, I think the gear is ready for installation .

Yak_bits_and_washes_003a.jpg

Now, I'll clean tonight mess. Funny how there are never even paint wells for simple jobs...

Yak_bits_and_washes_004a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks good, glad your chili came out well too. 7+ inches of snow over here, looks like I'm staying put today. B)

7+ Y'all getting nailed, we're just getting a dusting.

The exhaust looks great Chris! :notworthy

Thanks Bob :good:

Looking out the back window :skipper I guess getting nailed is relevant to where you are .

In Ohio , I would have considered this a good day :good: Here, I'll be ready for it to be gone by the time I run out of Chilly :rotf

Cheers , Christian B)

Back