• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Zombie Hunter Hotel on Wheels ;)

That would be a nice thing :) i'm busy cleaning up my bench for a clean start of the new year!
I will start a thread about my busses as soon as i get started.
//Mats

I agree with you Mats-- those tires had to go...I've got these resin ones inbound:
231126323281_1.jpg

And I decided to go for tricking out the engine...although it may not match up exactly to specs, us Zombie Hunters got to improvise in order to get the vehicle in running order-- so I went with having the battery and washer fluid tank in place and visible even though the placement is off:
002~42.jpg

Bit of an update-- I stripped out a few items from the Italeri Jeep kit I bought-- couple rifles. a Jerry can, and some tools. Still trying to figure out what sorts of things to litter the inside area with since I have never really officially hunted zombies. I did scratch build a flashlight which is currently drying...but trying to figure out other things to add....
004~48.jpg

Sweet work on the cabinets Mike lookin good !!!

Molotovs , crossbows , swords , machetes [ sp ? ] .
Lotsa spare fuel for the Dub , lotsa spare propane tanks , chicken/chain link fence wire offsets around the windows , barb/razor wire on the sides , some kinda push bar or hedgerow type cutter on the front for crowd clearing ...........

Oops , forgot to ask , what's the intel on your area for this storm 3/2 tonight through 3/3 .

We're right on the snow from hell/sleet , ice , snow line , still should end up with about a foot they're sayin .
I'll only have to shovel , snow blo , salt six schools , ............. for about the seventh time this winter , heart attack here I come .........

Did you know that if you wake up in the morning around 3am and drink Rum before you go out and shovel snow it doesn't make you an alcoholic , .............. you're a pirate ............

Bit of an update-- I stripped out a few items from the Italeri Jeep kit I bought-- couple rifles. a Jerry can, and some tools. Still trying to figure out what sorts of things to litter the inside area with since I have never really officially hunted zombies. I did scratch build a flashlight which is currently drying...but trying to figure out other things to add....
004~48.jpg

Looking very good (y) :good:

And those Italeri jeeps have some nice weapons for sure :)

A couple of molotovcocktails would be good to have around when the zombies get to close :ro:

//Mats

This is looking awesome! I'd say you should also add some MRE's or other foodstuffs in there. Zombie hunters gotta eat! Also boxes of ammo clips and maybe a few hand grenades liberated from a local armory.

This rocks, I can't wait to see more.

Thanks guys...definitely some great ideas to sit down and figure how I might create...

Glenn...

We were supposed to have had something overnight into tomorrow but it seems to have been downgraded which is good as my tractor would have trouble figuring where to put more ;)

It is however supposed to cool right down back into the single digits and teens again all week :( I've got maybe 2-3 weeks of wood left...c'mon spring!!!!!

Jeeves.

...the wood grain looks simply fantastic...with your permission I´ll save your pictures onto my myPC :coolio

Best!

Luiz.

004~48.jpg

That looks great Mike, :ro:

In a zombie apocalypse you'd want to gather up everything you find. So throw everything in there. :popcorn

Thanks Bob...my only real issue I have is that I need this all in a big scale and since these sort of things only seem to be in 1/35 makes it a bit if a challenge. I did scratch a flashlight out of sprue...but a Molotov cocktail proves a bit more challenging...

Find some thick clear sprue and warm it up and stretch it then cut off a where the neck of the bottle would be, I hope you understand the idea :) see if i can find pics of it
//Mats

I made one so i can show you what i mean :)

hdb2e19b.JPG

h9b6e33e.JPG

Warmed the top with a lighter (be careful not to warm to much!)so i got a little roundness on it.

h907737c.JPG

Drilled a small hole and inserted a small piece of paper (toilett or kitchen paper)

hc0a7025.JPG

Hope it helps :)

//Mats

That does a lot Mats...thanks! Now if you could just make 5 more and then send them along that'd be great :rotf (y)

Very cool scratch work on the bottles Mats ..........

Mike I've got a good cord and a half left , supposed to be 5 degrees by tommorrow morn , thank you sir may I have another .....

So I'm running into issues with the resin Mudder wheels...the axles need to be widened in order to accommodate the bigger wheels...but then the kit axles and rims don't exactly fit. Thinking of using aluminum tubing...not sure how everything is going to link in...

Back