• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

How about the Vietnam-era?

DioRandy

Hey, gang
It's just my opinion, but, until recently, I believe the Vietnam-era had once again been relegated to the backseat. WWII will always be in the driver's seat while the rest of the eras vie for "shotgun" during the occasional Chinese fire drill. And, yes, sadly, the Korean-era appears to remain securely locked in the trunk.
However, with the ever-increasing number of high-quality figure releases from companies such as Bravo-6 and Evolution Miniatures, featuring American, Australian and Vietkong subjects, a Vietnam-era campaign may become of interest. And, although the Vietnam "Conflict" wasn't exactly considered an armored battleground, there are a number of that era's vehicles, diorama supplies and reference materials available.
And, to Jenny's dismay, there's those extremely prevalent flying thingies, too, referred to as "choppers."
Peace and Love,
Randy

There would be lots of opportunities for figure dio's and vignettes. Not to mention the Pt-76's, T-55's, and even some Cambodian stuff.

Gary B)

DioRandy wrote:
And, to Jenny's dismay, there's those extremely prevalent flying thingies, too, referred to as "choppers."

And Thuds, and Buffs, and Spads, and Puff :evil:, and a long time favorite of mine, Happy Jack's go buggy :cheer: .

B)

Sounds like a great idea. There is always room for a modern group build. :)

How does one go about getting a group build approved?

I like it!!! I've got a M113 that needs something to do.

Terry B)

we're indeed in need of a 'Nam gb!

i'll have a look to it that we will have this one started and squeezed somewhere in the stuffed schedule! :)

Sounds good, Laura
I was told the schedule is already jam-packed, but an eye would be kept on the interest level, which is what builds are based on.
I'm ready when you are.
Thanks,
Randy

affirmative comrade and approved! :)

we found a date where to squeeze this one in!

detailed infos on this gb will follow soon!

Awesome!
I'll be good to go as soon as the last couple of packages arrive in the mail.
What's everybody planning to build?
Peace, Love and a big THANK YOU
Randy

DioRandy wrote:
Awesome!
I'll be good to go as soon as the last couple of packages arrive in the mail.
What's everybody planning to build?
Peace, Love and a big THANK YOU
Randy

Well let's see I have:
M42 Duster
M113(early)
M48A3

I just don't know????? :hmmm

Terry B)

Randy this is my favourite period to model! I am in. I have a Centurion that I've started painting and will go into a diorama so I think I will finsih that.

Jaymes.

I will try to join in.I can't start until September.I have some projects I need to get done for the IPMS Nats in August.If I can join in it will be either an Aussie Centurion,or the USMC Ontos.

Hey, gang
I want to thank everyone for showing the required interest to get this build off the ground. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I will.
I'm still waiting for some back orders, but I'm sure they'll be here in time for the build.
Some of the soon-to-be available items I've been interested in are starting to become available, too. However, my Fruil tracks seem to be taking forever to arrive.
Peace and Love,
Randy

Hurray!
My Fruil tracks for my M113 arrived in the mail today. Now, I'm waiting on a Bravo-6 back order. It should be here this week, as well.

Back