• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 B 17G if Luft 46 came true?

Hahahahaha
I remember that show! Damn he was funny! Veddy intedestink.
I've finished the gloss coat, decals and flat coat. I went really light on the weathering...mostly because I forgot to do any! I can be a real idiot at times!
Enough of that, I removed the masking and here's where I am at. I went with Ye Olde Pub 2 I painted the 2 by brush. I also wanted the painted on Mustangs to look like they were in front of the fuselage codes, so I painted the codes...or at least what you can see of the codes.

h2d33b64.JPG

h78a0389.JPG

h584b9f5.JPG

hb79f635.JPG

h5555d57.JPG

Thanks for looking

Thanks guys!
I know it's an odd project, I'm ok with it :)
I've added the guns and exhaust pipes today and pending weathering the basic build is nearly done, awaiting propellers and spinners still.
But that's a work in progress.
Being as how the aircraft had lost so much weight in the re-powering, I took the idea that it would have to add ballast to maintain C/G so with that in mind I've upped the gunnery in the nose and tail with rotary machine guns up front and high cyclic rate machine guns and heavy caliber cannon in the rear (the rear gun barrels are left over from (oddly enough) the Hong Kong models 1/32 B-17G

h0a41fc0.JPG

h34d5579.JPG

h9dad29f.JPG

h7a7274e.JPG

As always, thanks for looking!

I’ve been missing this one! What a great idea and the execution is awesome! Those false mustangs are the bomb!

:popcorn

Brilliant idea for fixing the center of gravity issue. This is most impressive. Painting on the false ponies was another brilliant stroke of genius.

Thanks for looking and encouragement
Yes Christian, the super chargers are gone! I filled from inside with super glue and talc. Then filled and sanded from the outside till they were gone. But as with the panel lines (that I will be re scribing) the silver plastic remembers the image that was moulded in and it looks like is still there. Good for panel line reinstatement but hard to tell if I’ve rescribed them or not because I can see them but it might just be the image of what used to be there... know what I mean?
I’ll prime with acrylic, if lines disappear in the primer I can Windex it off and try again

Yup , that really plays with the eyesight :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

Back